Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

People Want Prius

r04drunner1

Recent increases in petrol costs have fuelled an increased interest in Prius.

From their search statistics, Autotrader reports that:

People interested in the Toyota Prius surged a massive 130% from 435,810 to 1 million.

You can read the full story here: Car Search Statistics

I expect some recent members of this forum have contributed to that effect :yes:

Recent increases in petrol costs have fuelled an increased interest in Prius.

From their search statistics, Autotrader reports that:

People interested in the Toyota Prius surged a massive 130% from 435,810 to 1 million.

You can read the full story here: Car Search Statistics

I expect some recent members of this forum have contributed to that effect :yes:

Absolutely, look at what I've just posted about selling mine! My phone just never stopped ringing about it. But the best used bargains are to be had are outside of the Toyota network. Also, look at this story. In September of 2009, I went to a Toyota dealer and had a test drive in their T4 Gen 3 demonstrator (actually the dealer who had carried out all the servicing on my T4 whilst I had owned it), then sat down and discussed figures for a cash sale with my finance free T4 as a trade-in. Against a £23k T Spirit they were prepared to give me just £5k for my (then) 3 year old immaculate car with fully stamped Toyota history. "So we'll need your car and £18k cash to do the deal" I was told. My car, at that time, had a trade-in value of £7k with the mileage it had, so, they were offering £2k less, and not a penny off the new car. When I questioned this, "Oh we don't consider your car to be that desirable" I was told. "But on your forecourt, you have an older 2005 55 reg T4 Prius in that naff light blue colour with the same mileage as mine, and you want £7995 for it" I said. "Yes, but we haven't sold that one so we don't really want yours" was the reply. So last month (a whole 15 months and 18,000 additional miles later) I very easily sold my "not very desirable" T4 privately for £500 more than I was offered!

I must admit, I'm really pleased with mine.

It was great sitting in an hours worth of traffic and seeing that my current displayed average of 52mpg hasn't moved. It would have hit my last diesel hard.

Quirkiness aside, I think they're a great car.

Just gone back to work after the last 6 or 7 weeks off ill and filled up for the first time yesterday. With diesel at £1.30 a litre I'm glad I don't have a traditional diesel. In fact my taxi driver colleagues no longer take the p**s out of my choice of car and I am getting asked more and more sensible questions about it by them too. ;)

ive just part chopped my 2010 avensis TR (1.8 petrol) for a 60plate TSpirit prius. get it next wednesday :yahoo:

I must admit, I'm really pleased with mine.

It was great sitting in an hours worth of traffic and seeing that my current displayed average of 52mpg hasn't moved. It would have hit my last diesel hard.

Quirkiness aside, I think they're a great car.

lol - I've done that at the Dartford crossing - amazing init - all those blokes burning petrol and going nowhere, we sit there smug in the knowledge that it's costing us nothing to sit there being smug!!! :thumbsup:

I work for a FTSE 100 company with one of the biggest fleets of company cars in the country. It's striking how many people I talk to who are downgrading, getting out of their Mercs and BMWs, and instead choosing hybrids for the double-win of lower benefit-in-kind tax and increased fuel economy. I think the era of conspicuous consumption — as far as new cars and their fuel is concerned — is over.

Hi all. I am in Los Angeles at the moment, and I can tell you, there are Priuses absolutely everywhere.

Not surprised, we were in Vancouver a couple of years ago and 70 pct of cabs there are either Prius or hybrid camry's

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links