Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid Not Much Different Than A Prius?

Jands

I think the CT200h is the bargain of the decade. It's only £3,000 more than the base Prius and looks so much nicer and more 'finished' without all that horrid recycled plastic crap.

I much prefer the Prius's more cohesive interior design, material choices notwithstanding. The interior of the CT200h is a right dog's dinner in comparison.

Just remember us when you are rich and famous gc.

Did you get out the wrong side of bed this morning? :unsure:

??? See what I mean, I wish, and plot, you fame and riches whilst getting your RHD Camry hybrid, don't even ask for a percentage for rights to the idea to turn it into a show, and you ask me whether I get out of the wrong side of the bed?

I guess a lot gets lost on the internet afterall words just count for 7% of our communication you had no chance of seeing my body language nor hearing my intonation.

Just remember us when you are rich and famous gc.

Did you get out the wrong side of bed this morning? :unsure:

??? See what I mean, I wish, and plot, you fame and riches whilst getting your RHD Camry hybrid, don't even ask for a percentage for rights to the idea to turn it into a show, and you ask me whether I get out of the wrong side of the bed?

I guess a lot gets lost on the internet afterall words just count for 7% of our communication you had no chance of seeing my body language nor hearing my intonation.

Oi you two... It was me that suggested it :yahoo:

I think the CT200h is the bargain of the decade. It's only £3,000 more than the base Prius and looks so much nicer and more 'finished' without all that horrid recycled plastic crap.

I much prefer the Prius's more cohesive interior design, material choices notwithstanding. The interior of the CT200h is a right dog's dinner in comparison.

Earlier, I watched a few youtube videos of previews of the CT200h, the stitched leather interior looked okay to me, but the video only gave a very fleeting impression as it was that style of video where the camera is all over the place.

The 22,000 GBP is still only speculation?

Earlier, I watched a few youtube videos of previews of the CT200h, the stitched leather interior looked okay to me, but the video only gave a very fleeting impression as it was that style of video where the camera is all over the place.

The 22,000 GBP is still only speculation?

Got the brochure price list in the post the other day and it does look a nice motor. The boot is about the same as the Auris at 375 litres. Also the price was showing in at £23,485 base model to £30,635 for the top model.

Have also been surprised at how much of the Lexus range is hybrid!

Which I think is very competitive compared to the prius but only if they have the build quality and feel sorted. Carpeted glove compartment anyone?

Looks like the Lexus is about 4K over the Auris...quite a bit...but worth it if the quality is that much better (still too small for me though).

Actually some of the Lexus Hybrid Drive is rather different than what the Prius and Auris got
Can you explain how they differ and why Toyota require different systems in different models? Wouldn't this add to Toyota's development costs or are they comparing different versions of the system to see which performs better? I can understand a difference in 4 wheel vs 2 wheel drive systems.

The lexus still has just the 3 year warranty I believe. 5 is a big attraction to me.

Actually some of the Lexus Hybrid Drive is rather different than what the Prius and Auris got
Can you explain how they differ and why Toyota require different systems in different models? Wouldn't this add to Toyota's development costs or are they comparing different versions of the system to see which performs better? I can understand a difference in 4 wheel vs 2 wheel drive systems.

The Lexus system in the ct200h (the new small hatch) is the same as in the latest Prius and Auris HSD. The other Lexus models do have a different hybrid system of which I am not entirely familiar. The main difference is the gearbox/transmission which is more of a traditional type and not the eCVT found in the Prius/ct200h. Not sure why this is but I do believe you can tow a trailer and/or caravan with a Lexus (if you should wish) whereas you can't in the Prius/Auris hsd/ct200h.

They're both much better systems than the IMA system offered by Honda which is pretty much a Battery boost in a similar (yet very different) way to a turbo.

No you are right, they are not miles apart, they are evolutions of the same principle of HSD with relative minor differences. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Synergy_Drive

For some reason I could have sworn that especially the LS600h and RX450h had a different setup based upon an article in Auto Week that compared all the hybrid systems including those from Mercedes, BMW, Audi and some US manufacturers. I stand corrected.

They're both much better systems than the IMA system offered by Honda which is pretty much a battery boost in a similar (yet very different) way to a turbo.

I just really did not like the IMA system from Honda. I test drove both the Civic and Insight and considering they are much cheaper to purchase than a Prius I thought they were just plain awful to drive and were totally lacking power. That combined with an incredibly drab interior and lack of space, that was an easy decision for us. However if they did an Audi Q5 Hybrid at the time it may have been a different story :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links