Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replace Rav 4 Rear Light

Mad Cyril

Hi some kindly passerby smashed my near Rav 4s near side rear light cluster. I have bought a replacement but can't for the life of me see how to I replace it. Anyone help?

Hi some kindly passerby smashed my near Rav 4s near side rear light cluster. I have bought a replacement but can't for the life of me see how to I replace it. Anyone help?

Hello Cyril and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

If you update your profile with the vehicle details someone will no doubt be along who can give you some pointers.

Remove the 3 nuts and disconnect the connector:

lightnuts.png

Detach the clip and remove the light

lightclip.png

Whether you can access the nuts through the removable side access panel in the boot is another matter. I've never tried.

If you can't you'd probably have to remove all the lower boot side panel trim.

My problem is just that, using the access panel is a bit like keyhole surgey or even worse "The incredible Journey". Any help on how the rear interior panel comes out would be apprecited. :crybaby:

I've had the side panel out to route additional cabling. There's a fair bit of trim to come out and it does have to come out unfortunately.

Have a look at the attached pdf for clip locations etc.

I usually start with the trim along the bottom of the rear door (14 rear floor finish plate in pdf)

Then remove the lower storage box (11)

Then floor mat support (12)

Then go on to the side trim and you probably do need to remove the rear door scuff moulding as it overlaps onto the rear wing trim.

Hope that helps. Good Luck!

seatBeltRemove.pdf

Success !!!!! new rear light fitted and working and even managed to re-assemble the interior with no bits left over. schm - thanks for your help - much appreciated, I'm now happy Cyril. :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links