Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Start Stop

dwilson

Hi

Thinking of buying a 1.4 AWD UC. Looking at the brochure it sounds as if both petrol and diesel UCs have start stop.

Can an owner of diesel UC (or Parts King :thumbsup: ) confirm please?

I thought I had read it was only on 1.3 petrol but can't find that now!!

Any ideas on how long between ordering and delivery of a new one?

Cheers

David

Hi Dave, the 1.4D4D AWD version does not have stop start,it is only the petrol version that gets that,but it is 2wd. When I enquired about new a new one the delivery time was 12 weeks.

What my Dad did was have a look on the Toyota used car search,specify whether you want petrol or diesel and bobs your uncle. You will find about 30 used diesel versions, which are usually main dealer demo,s and are usually 6 months old and because they are a nish market are a lot less money than a brand new one.

We couldn,t get one on the Isle of Man so we emailed a dealer in the the N/E of England and he did the business for us,even bringing it up to Heysham ferry terminal (60 miles away from him) and did the swop over in the ferry car park, job done.

I am at present waiting for my main dealers AWD demo to come up for sale as I have first refusal on it. That should come in May and will be about 2500 less than buying a brand new one.

The 1.4 D4D AWD is a lot better version than the petrol version, trust me I,ve driven both!!!!!

Hope this helps

Regards Clare

Hi Dave, the 1.4D4D AWD version does not have stop start,it is only the petrol version that gets that,but it is 2wd. When I enquired about new a new one the delivery time was 12 weeks.

What my Dad did was have a look on the Toyota used car search,specify whether you want petrol or diesel and bobs your uncle. You will find about 30 used diesel versions, which are usually main dealer demo,s and are usually 6 months old and because they are a nish market are a lot less money than a brand new one.

We couldn,t get one on the Isle of Man so we emailed a dealer in the the N/E of England and he did the business for us,even bringing it up to Heysham ferry terminal (60 miles away from him) and did the swop over in the ferry car park, job done.

I am at present waiting for my main dealers AWD demo to come up for sale as I have first refusal on it. That should come in May and will be about 2500 less than buying a brand new one.

The 1.4 D4D AWD is a lot better version than the petrol version, trust me I,ve driven both!!!!!

Hope this helps

Regards Clare

Thanks Clare.

The dealers near me say that they can sell their demonstrators once they are 3 months old.

Interesting to hear that dealers will deliver from a distance away - I suppose they take a trade in on your old car based on trade price and your description of condition. Was the car in outstanding condition when delivered? I ask because I bought my Prius used (aqbout 15 months old)and was disappointed that I could see scratches on the paintwork that hadn't been sorted before delivery - to be honest they were minor but still not what I had expected!

I think I will try to buy new because I am fussy. I also suspect that I could get a discount on a new car that would reduce the cost advantage of buying nearly new.

David

as Clare said diesel doesn't have start/stop. I ordered a new one at start of december and just got my mitts on it today. Diesel is the only one with 4WD too which is why I went for that option. Too excited to go out for a proper spin tonight so out for some serious mileage tomorrow and might do a snow dance!

as Clare said diesel doesn't have start/stop. I ordered a new one at start of december and just got my mitts on it today. Diesel is the only one with 4WD too which is why I went for that option. Too excited to go out for a proper spin tonight so out for some serious mileage tomorrow and might do a snow dance!

Take care, but enjoy :thumbsup:

Interested to know what you think.

Hi Dave, when we picked up my dad,s urbancruiser,we made sure everything was OK. As you say the biggest dissappointment was the general state of the paintwork. Stonechips was the biggest problem, the front bonnet leading edge and the lower grille surroud area were well chipped. Fourtunatly my dad is a dab hand at removing stone chips and with a bit of patience and time he touched them out and polished them back in (he has an orbital polisher)you cannot tell where they have been done. Everthing else about the urbancruiser was OK.

It is a bit of a lottery buying that way but touch wood everything as worked out OK

Regards Clare

Tardisgal, glad to see you are well happy with your new ride, did you know that in other EU countries you can buy the 1.4D4D without AWD,Toyota UK elected not to bring that model into the UK

Regards Clare

Hi Clare, didn't realise they did a non 4wd diesel. Have to say that personally I don't see the point of getting a car that has 4x4 looks but isn't- our district nurse has a Nissan Qashqai and had to do house calls on foot as it wasn't 4x4. Anyway, took the new car for a run to Pitlochry but all the roads were pretty clear. I did manage to find a car park that was still thick with ice( the hermitage past Perth) and it handled beautifully on that. Parking up for the first time when I got it felt a bit like parking a tank but that is purely because I changed from a very low tigra and it felt huge in comparison but now I'm reverse parking with !Removed! abandon! I think it will also be ideal for taking my gran out once the better weather kicks in- plenty of room for a wheelchair and the seats are at a good height- no needing to step up and not too low for her getting back out.

Might have snow again towards end of week!

• 4 months later...

It's a great site. Every one should be read this site.

**spam link removed**

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links