Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Problem With Lights

monya

Yet again the Mrs drove off this morning with no lights on. With start up the running lights come on which she sees reflected on the car parked in front and off she goes. Also the dash is permanently illuminated so a darkened dash can't act as a reminder. Any suggestions, other than a new wife??

Isnt there an indicator on the dashboard? There is on my gen3 t-spirit, but i dont have the led pack...

Yes on the Prius the whole dash lights up like a Christmas tree, but when you turn the lights on it dims down and the indicator light comes on...

Perhaps you should teach your wife to look at the dashboard before moving off?? :thumbsup:

Or as you say, get a new wife!!!

The obvious one is of course to look in front of you once driving and never use the interior (dash and satnav) as an indicator of whether the lights are or as they are not. That is the simple one.

And if that doesn't work, there is to the left on a Gen III a little green light, you know the universal symbol that any car has, to indicate whether the headlights are on or not.

Failing those two techniques, and considering it is to late now to get the LED Technology pack which includes auto headlights, you can get sensors at any car electric shop that switch the lights on for you.

As you own a Auris T-Sprit with LED and Auto lights, just leave the light switch in the "auto" position. Problem solved :)

I must agree that the lights are very easy to put on - I've done it once or twice!!

The dash illumination is lower at night than during the day and does go lower when you turn the lights on, but it is very easy to forget. There is a 'hack' (none official modification) to give the car auto headlights to come on when dark but it would void your warranty if it isn't carried out by the dealers!

Perhaps you could put your concerns to your dealer to see if they could offer any sollution?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links