Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius 07

MG Nut

Hi Guys.

Good news, it seems as I will have the Prius after all, managed to get some finance, been to the garage this afternoon and its all signed up, they have given me 3 days insurance while I get thing sorted, the finance company guy said it will takee about a week to sort thing out, was hoping for the paper work today but it has not arrived, bet its the bl**y post again, in our area it used to be so relyable, you could almost set your watch by the postman, but these days he gets here when he gets here, I think the sooner its sold off the better, costs the earth and is now a bad service.

Delivery date set for the 25th, its going to be a long 7 days.

MGnut Colin :toast: :D

Well done and congrats.... Enjoy it when it arrives

:thumbsup:

It'll be worth the wait and you'll love it! Guaranteed.

Great news. You will not regret your purchase, ask if you have any questions.

It is so easy to drive, with cruise control on in speed limits just sit back and steer.

Great news. You will not regret your purchase, ask if you have any questions.

It is so easy to drive, with cruise control on in speed limits just sit back and steer.

Thanks Chris and all, I do have one question, when on a ferry, I lock my Jaguar with a key rather than the fob, this stops the motion setting off the alarm, what do you do with the Prius,

MGnut Colin :crybaby:

I used the IOW ferry on a regular basis with my gen2 - no problem, flip the button, go get some coffee! Never had a problem while all the bmw and audi's were bleeping like mad :thumbsup:

Not tried the gen3 yet, that comes in a couple of weeks!

That's great news Colin, I'm really pleased for you.

Hope your XJ8 will go to a good home :)

That's great news Colin, I'm really pleased for you.

Hope your XJ8 will go to a good home :)

Hi Roadrunner.

A little off target, I have a friend that used to live where you are, he used to work with me and then for me as I was a service manager at a Plastic Machine supplier,

we are still geat friend, in fact I spoke to him last week.

He came back to Folkstone when the troubles started as he was worried abot his to young kids, thank again for your comments.

MGnut Colin

We go in our sons Prius Gen 2 to cross from Dover to Calais at least once a year and he does the journey regularly. He always uses the key fob to lock the car and never had problems.

I'm sure you will love the car , :thumbsup: Had my gen 2 57 plate Spirit for nearly 2 weeks now and already I have weighed up how to get good mpg by feathering the pedal at every opportunity to get the engine and electric motor both off (works only below 47mph and obviously on level or downhill)so there is nothing coming or going on the energy display and altho it won't be charging either it's still better for mpg and the car often speeds up slightly because there is no engine drag etc. this is similar to knocking an ordinary car out of gear and coasting and that's one of the amazing things with this car that you simply can't safely do with any other cars as far as I know.

When I picked it up from the dealers I looked at the average mpg and it showed something like 32mpg over 16 miles :ffs: so I guess someone 'tested it' however it's now showing 57mpg for 248 miles so should be able to better that come the warmer weather.best so far was a 12 mile trip to Stratford that showed 62mpg but the return knocked it back down to 58, I did notice the rear tyres were nowhere near the correct pressure so that would also make a difference of course.

Well captain, that posting truly shows how thoroughly one can be bitten by the Prius bug inside only two weeks!

Loved it :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links