Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Local Dealer - Gateshead

Gmac70

I have just been into my local Toyota dealer to look at both the Prius and Auris Hybrid. Now i know I’m a company car driver and they car won’t be purchased or delivered through the local dealer but I do take offence that the toyota sales reps just come across not interested.

Having done my home work on the net the salesman couldn’t really pass any comment on the following and looked dumbstruck (imagine the intelligence of staff working in your local KFC)

Sat Nav, Maps being out of date not aware

Fact that new Prius has been shown at Detroit motor show

Actual MPG as against official claims

When are they getting the 10th Anniv model in

All of which gives me no confidence / Is this just the sales side and can anyone advise what customer services is really like

Sat Nav, Maps being out of date not aware

Fact that new Prius has been shown at Detroit motor show

Actual MPG as against official claims

When are they getting the 10th Anniv model in

All of which gives me no confidence / Is this just the sales side and can anyone advise what customer services is really like

Satnav/maps,no excuse, but I'm not surprised. That would more likely come under aftersales/service.

New Prius at Detroit will NOT be coming to the UK, it was an mpv not a car and Toyota has an mpv in the UK. Perhaps in the future it may, but no plans at the moment

actual mpg IS achievable in the real world, if not exactly, then certainly within 1 or 2 mpg, I'm getting 68mpg from my gen3 at the moment on a motorway run, i expect more in the summer.

10th anniv model, again no excuse, I suppose around 8 to 13 weks after they come off the production line, Kingo may know the answer to that one...

• Like 1

Sat Nav, Maps being out of date not awareFact that new Prius has been shown at Detroit motor showActual MPG as against official claimsWhen are they getting the 10th Anniv model inAll of which gives me no confidence / Is this just the sales side and can anyone advise what customer services is really like
Satnav/maps,no excuse, but I'm not surprised. That would more likely come under aftersales/service.New Prius at Detroit will NOT be coming to the UK, it was an mpv not a car and Toyota has an mpv in the UK. Perhaps in the future it may, but no plans at the momentactual mpg IS achievable in the real world, if not exactly, then certainly within 1 or 2 mpg, I'm getting 68mpg from my gen3 at the moment on a motorway run, i expect more in the summer.10th anniv model, again no excuse, I suppose around 8 to 13 weks after they come off the production line, Kingo may know the answer to that one...

68mpg is much better than I achieved a couple of weeks ago while travelling to the south of France. I would be interested to know what speed you travel at and how many hills you encountered on the way. French motorways are usually clear (except in July and August) so most of the way the cruise control kept the speed at 75mph. There are a lot of moderate hills on the route south from Beaune. The weather was dry with the temperature about 13C. At the end of the journey of about 250miles the trip meter was showing an average of around 59mpg and the true figure worked out at 56.02mpg when I filled up next morning.

(Incidentally, if you happen to be driving past Beaune this summer I would recommend a quick stop. It is just off the motorway and has a beautiful centre with lots of restaurants if you fancy a lunch. If you have more time visit the medieval hospital called the Hotel Dieu. B) End of travelogue! )

If you're a company car driver Toyota can arrange a corporate demonstrator for an extended test drive — I had one for four days late last year. I also found the Toyota employees I swapped emails with helpful, responsive and knowledgeable.

PS: If the dealer is the one I think it is (I'm also in Newcastle), I'm surprised you had a bad experience — they've got a very good reputation.

Sat Nav, Maps being out of date not awareFact that new Prius has been shown at Detroit motor showActual MPG as against official claimsWhen are they getting the 10th Anniv model inAll of which gives me no confidence / Is this just the sales side and can anyone advise what customer services is really like
Satnav/maps,no excuse, but I'm not surprised. That would more likely come under aftersales/service.New Prius at Detroit will NOT be coming to the UK, it was an mpv not a car and Toyota has an mpv in the UK. Perhaps in the future it may, but no plans at the momentactual mpg IS achievable in the real world, if not exactly, then certainly within 1 or 2 mpg, I'm getting 68mpg from my gen3 at the moment on a motorway run, i expect more in the summer.10th anniv model, again no excuse, I suppose around 8 to 13 weks after they come off the production line, Kingo may know the answer to that one...

68mpg is much better than I achieved a couple of weeks ago while travelling to the south of France. I would be interested to know what speed you travel at and how many hills you encountered on the way. French motorways are usually clear (except in July and August) so most of the way the cruise control kept the speed at 75mph. There are a lot of moderate hills on the route south from Beaune. The weather was dry with the temperature about 13C. At the end of the journey of about 250miles the trip meter was showing an average of around 59mpg and the true figure worked out at 56.02mpg when I filled up next morning.

(Incidentally, if you happen to be driving past Beaune this summer I would recommend a quick stop. It is just off the motorway and has a beautiful centre with lots of restaurants if you fancy a lunch. If you have more time visit the medieval hospital called the Hotel Dieu. B) End of travelogue! )

Set cruise control at 67 for 75 miles on the m25 and an indicated 68mpg comes up pretty quick :thumbsup:

Set it at 75 and your consumption disappears just as quick :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links