Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

02 T-Sport Wing Mirrors Not Moving

lilacqueenlilac

Hi everyone. I've had my beloved 02 T-Sport for 6 years now .... and I don't ever wanna change it!!! However, ever since I've had it, the wing mirrors haven't worked - in so far as the heating element works fine but you can't change the direction electronically. Have had a few garages take a peek - checked the fuses but they seem fine. The only other thing that seems a bit odd (and may be linked) is that, every now and again, the music volume from the CD/radio will drop and, if the headlights are on, they'll also dip for a split second at the time the volume drops??? Has anyone else had the same problem and knows the solution??!!

PS: Don't ya just love potholes?! In need of a single T-Sport 17" 8-spoke alloy if anyone has one going??Thanks for helping ...... x

Hi everyone. I've had my beloved 02 T-Sport for 6 years now .... and I don't ever wanna change it!!! However, ever since I've had it, the wing mirrors haven't worked - in so far as the heating element works fine but you can't change the direction electronically. Have had a few garages take a peek - checked the fuses but they seem fine. The only other thing that seems a bit odd (and may be linked) is that, every now and again, the music volume from the CD/radio will drop and, if the headlights are on, they'll also dip for a split second at the time the volume drops??? Has anyone else had the same problem and knows the solution??!!

PS: Don't ya just love potholes?! In need of a single T-Sport 17" 8-spoke alloy if anyone has one going??Thanks for helping ...... x

lql

The drop in voltage could be due to a sick Battery, if you are still running with the original Battery since you bought the car then six years of wear & tear is'nt that bad not to mention the damage caused to the plates inside with the amount of vibrations and sudden shocks from all the pot holes which yes seem to be getting worse these days. This time of year puts an extra strain on the Battery as well, apart from the lights and heater being on a lot longer batteries don't like the cold. I had a similar problem some years back, fitted a new battery which seemed to do the trick, but get it checked & tested first.

As for the w/mirrors, if all the fuses are ok then I'm afraid its a matter of systematically checking the switch, wiring circuit and connections. Auto electrician needed.

Hope this helps

Rob

lql

The drop in voltage could be due to a sick Battery, if you are still running with the original Battery since you bought the car then six years of wear & tear is'nt that bad not to mention the damage caused to the plates inside with the amount of vibrations and sudden shocks from all the pot holes which yes seem to be getting worse these days. This time of year puts an extra strain on the Battery as well, apart from the lights and heater being on a lot longer batteries don't like the cold. I had a similar problem some years back, fitted a new battery which seemed to do the trick, but get it checked & tested first.

As for the w/mirrors, if all the fuses are ok then I'm afraid its a matter of systematically checking the switch, wiring circuit and connections. Auto electrician needed.

Hope this helps

Rob

Thanks Rob for all of your helpful advice. I do recall that, two years ago, I came back from two week's holiday to a flat battery! A new battery will be in my shopping basket this weekend!!! Best wishes. Karen

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links