Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Running Costs Corolla T Sport

CorollaTS05

running costs suck bad at the momment, and so do type r's. I totally agree with everyone about the new ones being plasticy.

Being cautious of forum rules - A silly man in a type S of all cars, needed to have the faults of his vehicle choice pointed out to him by my self and 4th gear.

yeah we sure did get sidetracked lol

how come VW make 197bhp with a 2.0 turbo engine? should'nt it be more and im guessing either the CTR or CTS will have a MK5 GTI?

im only asking because this topic has started a big arguement between my friends lol

thanks for all the info guys

this week i have to pay £300 to get my car back from being repaired (which ill get back once the blind van driver signs some insurance docs), it is in need of 4 new tyres in the next month or so, it needs 12 months tax end of march and then it needs an MOT end of April/May. Insurance was £350 but will no doubt go up :(

fuel costs...... haha 139 for 99 ron. i love it. but not really feeling the pinch as i have other cars to use to rack work mileage up on! and free diesel ;)

as for the 2.0t vag question, im yet to come accross one that can peg the TS. theres no doubt that in gear accel will be vastly better on the VAGs but for out and out pace theyre just carrying too much lard. however, a remapped one is a totally different question! as is an r32.

the fact that a vag when driven semi sensibly can return around 10mpg better than the TS can is also a highlight on how pretty appauling the 2zz-ge engine is on fuel. lol

as for the 2.0t vag question, im yet to come accross one that can peg the TS. theres no doubt that in gear accel will be vastly better on the VAGs but for out and out pace theyre just carrying too much lard. however, a remapped one is a totally different question! as is an r32.

the fact that a vag when driven semi sensibly can return around 10mpg better than the TS can is also a highlight on how pretty appauling the 2zz-ge engine is on fuel. lol

yeah i was thinking that too, as its got a turbo its going to have better torque right and also means that you dont have to hammer it everywhere in high RPM which means it will be good on fuel?

thanks ricc, appreciate it mate :thumbsup:

that should keep my friends quiet for a bit lol

ye ricc is rite ,along with they just dont rev past 6000rpm

as for the tdi variants ,i had a run in wid 10 plate passat ,i was rolling up to lights in 2nd he floored it thinkin i had a 1.4 or sumfin ,i was half a car length ahead just b4 lift and remember he floored it before it did ,so they are effectivley a no contest also unless its mapped up

this week i have to pay £300 to get my car back from being repaired (which ill get back once the blind van driver signs some insurance docs), it is in need of 4 new tyres in the next month or so, it needs 12 months tax end of march and then it needs an MOT end of April/May. Insurance was £350 but will no doubt go up :(

fuel costs...... haha 139 for 99 ron. i love it. but not really feeling the pinch as i have other cars to use to rack work mileage up on! and free diesel ;)

Are you sure your tyres wernt "damaged" when the van hit you? so his insurance should cover a new set? :rolleyes:

Im driving 500 miles a week, so definitley feeling the rise in petrol costs.

Just fitted a new wheel bearing £80, got tax, insurance and MOT due next month, along with a service due this weekend (oil, filters and spark plugs)

ye ricc is rite ,along with they just dont rev past 6000rpm

as for the tdi variants ,i had a run in wid 10 plate passat ,i was rolling up to lights in 2nd he floored it thinkin i had a 1.4 or sumfin ,i was half a car length ahead just b4 lift and remember he floored it before it did ,so they are effectivley a no contest also unless its mapped up

As a gentle reminder.... TOC does not condone any posts about street racing!

This thread will get binned and potentially warnings/bans handed out if talk like this continues.... non of the "private road/race track" type crap either!

I was on my way to the shops today, going along at a comfortable speed when this bloke tried to overtake me!! so I started going faster and faster until I lost him!

really wish i'd of drove now there now instead of walking!!

*disclaimer street racing is not illigal on foot*

I didnt say a beating of any sort but i genuinely think the t-sport is quicker regardless of figures i have seen many fn2s fall short. The EP3 however totally different story

Also the BHP ton depends on the weight of the FN2 most of the type rs come with air con but the weight does not include those optional extras

fair enough, i too have seen a few of the new fn2 civic type-r's fall away - the ep3's are superior in every way - as for the weight issue, i'll have to take your word for it lol.

the guy who posts up those videos does himself absolutely no favours by having another person in the car with him though...

Yea agree, its odd though but its the same engine i cant see how they can say its 1bhp more lol, The EP3s are quick in comparison always liked them.

FN2 EP3 what language are we talking here :lol:

FN2 Civic Type R is the space ship shape

EP3 is the older shape

OK thanks for that.

I thought the older ones were supposed to be better than the new ones, I though the new ones weren't so fast.

all this makes me think that im never going to buy and own a t sport :(

never going to experience lift :(

never going to whip a type r :(

just pretend your going to buy one and test drive it! scare the socks off the salesman. have big smile on your face. die happy

I was with toyota last year they put my insurance up 60quid.To 440 i shopped around got SAGA yes i'm old for 330.Years ago it deppended on where you parked ie garage,off road,Now one company told me it goes of your postcode :unsure:

Indeed. My insurance company no longer cares if i park it in a garage, on a driveway, on the road, or up a tree. only the post code area of my main residence where it will spend the majority of its time.

It does seem some areas of the uk are notorious for mega hikes in premiums. Manchester is one i think? (from what chris once told me) think its the same in a few of the london boroughs or areas (whatever they are!) lol.

rallyfan, given my track record with insurance policies and getting my ***** sued into the next millennium, il quite happily settle for what the car needs and is entitled to. :) besides, tyres arent expensive.

edit:-

forgot to say, my mpg is pretty dire as when i drive it, im far from frugal. the average mpg before the display imploded at point of crash was 13.4. It does get frustrating getting 25 miles out of a tenner BUT, i just keep reminding myself that its my toy, not a workhorse.

I was on my way to the shops today, going along at a comfortable speed when this bloke tried to overtake me!! so I started going faster and faster until I lost him!

really wish i'd of drove now there now instead of walking!!

*disclaimer street racing is not illigal on foot*

LOL!

all this makes me think that im never going to buy and own a t sport :(

never going to experience lift :(

never going to whip a type r :(

just pretend your going to buy one and test drive it! scare the socks off the salesman. have big smile on your face. die happy

Hmmmm might give that a try, lmao thanks mate

I can prove i was at the drag strip when i wooped the type r :-)

i would love to see that? nice to see two jap cars go against each other

• 2 months later...

hi

i've got a Lexus IS200 and I'm 24 with 6Year NCD my insurance is 440 a year!

But the really killer is MPG 28 Which is terrible!

Especially When its SLOW!!!

I use to have a Civic Type R which i had to give it up due to having a little girl.

But i really a T sport Corolla due to being a 5Dr and does better MPG than my current Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...

not feeling it at all, i run mine on super, long as your not a light to light boy racer she will get 40mpg, so its all good

40 mpg i cant even get 37 mpg its ether broken or i use the lift way to much :/

I get 42mpg out of my 1.6 rolla driven sensibly - why waste another £1k to get a diesel? Its about having the car, not gunning it at every opportunity. Getting low 20's in a small car means you're not driving it sensibly, sorry mate, but I can't see it being any other way. People like to get diesels so they can drive like an idiot like they used to with their petrol car before it got too expensive on fuel immho - don't be one of those! :crybaby:

Fuelling my Compressor is crippling me :(

Driving like a pensioner at the moment.

• Like 1

I get 42mpg out of my 1.6 rolla driven sensibly - why waste another £1k to get a diesel? Its about having the car, not gunning it at every opportunity. Getting low 20's in a small car means you're not driving it sensibly, sorry mate, but I can't see it being any other way. People like to get diesels so they can drive like an idiot like they used to with their petrol car before it got too expensive on fuel immho - don't be one of those! :crybaby:

sorry i ment 27mpg my car (tsport) is showing 27.4 mpg has it broken or what because i do seem to be filling up a bit much than i would like to ?

and that is driving sensibly not hitting the lift witch it quite hard to do :P

sorry i ment 27mpg my car (tsport) is showing 27.4 mpg has it broken or what because i do seem to be filling up a bit much than i would like to ?

When did you last reset it??

I've just done £50 fuel and my trip computer is showing 34mpg... 200ish miles

When did you last reset it??

I've just done £50 fuel and my trip computer is showing 34mpg... 200ish miles

around about to full tank fulls ago not that long about 2 weeks ago ? sould i reset it again ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links