Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Glanza Advise

scottr1105

Hi guys. I know you must get this all the time but i'm new to starlets and this forum. I have a 96 glanza and i'm looking at doing some work to it to get it up to about 200bhp ish.

At the moment its completly standard.

Now I have seen loads of people asking about these kind off things on forums. But the answer is always a list of items I should be buying. Now I could easily spend 20 grand on the car if I had the money which I don't have.

What I need help with is recomendations of the order in which to buy things so I can slowly get work done to the car over time and when I get the money including every thing like better tyres, ecu, dump valve and springs etc.

Sorry If the answer to this question is a bit obvious. I love cars but know absouletly nothing about them and the last thing I want to do is destroy the engine by doing stuff in the wrong order.

Any help would be greatly appritiated and thanks for reading.

Hi mate,

a lot of lads simply buy a HKS actuator and turn up the boost... blowing engines, turbos and manifolds as they go. The list of stuff you can buy is literally endless... but a good start would be a Front Mount Intercooler. They are generally expensive but search for J-Performance they do a really good quality FMIC at a good price. They are and essential mod.

Also make sure you have a turbo timer to make sure your turbo cools down correctly.

Buy a HKS actuator and you can use it to turn up the standard boost (.6bar) to around .8bar safely. I wouldn't go any higher than that on the standard turbo and internals.

Turning up the boost will cause your engine to use more fuel so a HKS Fuel Cut Defender wired into your ECU will tell the car to send more fuel. An uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator will also help with the fueling.

Get a boost gauge to keep and eye that your boost isn't creeping or over boosting etc...

You will pick up a brand new J Performance FMIC for just over £300 delivered

Second hand HKS Actuator around £50

Second hand HKS FCD around £40

Second hand Boost Gauge around £30

Second hand Turbo Timer around £30

Hope this helps,

Conor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links