Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Limits

vmail

Has any one taken the yaris to it limits? This happens when the woman in front is driving at the wrong speed, 50MPH on the third lane of a motorway

Gear Limits

36MPH in 1st

69MPH in 2nd

cos Ive got my choons blasting I cant hear the engine screaming, I only realize when the car stops acceleration, will try not to do it again, I think the RPM was at 6000

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• vmail

• tiktok

• SuperRetard

I've hit the lmiter in First and Second...but not any higher that.

Limiter is there to protect the engine anyways, but such high RPM is also out of the powerband...best to shift up, acts likea break in first!

Vipes

so I wont do any harm to the car, what it I did summut stupid like 5th to 1st or 5th to reverse, are there any protections?

If you were doing sommin like 50mph in 5th and tried to go to 1st you just wouldn't be able to do it. It would require some serious pushing to click it into first - and would probably grind and whine as you tried to do it. Infact I doubt you could.

Same as when catching reverse instead of 4th. You shouldn't worry cus it simply won't slip into that gear.

somehow i highly doubt you got 69mph in 2nd gear....

in the 1.0 the rev counter bounces off the clock at 54mph in 2nd at the usual redline

you'd be doing some serious damage to your little engine if u were hitting 70mph in 2nd gear vmail, it's not designed to take it...

even the YTS guys have to hit 3rd gear before they land 60mph so...

I don't know the exact limits of mine, but it does seem to be able to go pretty fast in each gear. I haven't done anything like 69 in 2nd but it doesn't surprise me too much.

lol i think we're missing the point here lads.... if the yaris did 70mph in 2nd gear it would be achieving a fairly quick 0-60 as it doesn't need to upchange to 3rd at around 54-55mph (which you do)

in the toyota hand book it states the following, which are pretty damn accurate:

1st - 29mph

2nd - 54mph

3rd - 75mph

4th - 90mph

5th - top speed

this is a 1.3 we're talking about remember.

69 in 2nd! nah! even as sam quotes the book figures youll be lucky to push figures like that!

its true, but I wont be doing it again cos i siht myself, got 92MPH in 4th a few times, not realising that I wasnt in 5th, probably can go higher in 4th

I'll keep an eye on mine - they're probably right. I just remember thinking 'hmmm, shouldn't I have to change gear at some point?' when I took it on a test drive.

Maybe he did do 69. If he had been at the rev limit for a good while... the speed he was traveling at may have very slowly increased... and also if going downa slight slope.

Its gotta be right on the engines limits tho.

My favorite trick is trying to put it in reverse from 5th gear will slowing from 60.

Also if you look at AA website tell loads of interesting stuff like max speed in each gear and what rpm to change up.

yeah, but I was to busy undercutting the other driver, I only realized about changing gears when the car stopped accelerating

yeah, but I was to busy undercutting the other driver,

:blink:

no chance of that in 2nd, 95 is possible in 4th but only just,

and i think ur attitude to driving is a bit dagerous and in another topic u mentioned scrantching someones car?

come on grow up?

Mine will indicate 70mph in 2nd without hitting the limiter. Ninety in 3rd, over the ton in 4th. Ridiculously over-geared or what? I'm gonna stick the bugger on 13-inch low-profiles, that'll get her revving! ;)

i'd love to see this breed of 'super yari' in action... 70mph in 2nd gear is absurd. :!Removed!:

are you sure it wasn't in your dreams when you were driving an s2000 guys? :lol:

if you're going to have a dig at least do it without concealing the insult with a humorous emoticon.

and what's wrong with being a bummer?

Easy tiger! ;) I ran out of reasoned reasons as to why what I've experienced is contrary to what you're telling me. Playground insults make good substitutes!

if you're going to have a dig at least do it without concealing the insult with a humorous emoticon.

and what's wrong with being a bummer?

better still use a humerous reply :lol:

In the spirit of investagamative journo-ism...

2nd: 69mph barp-barp-barp-barp-barp-barp

3rd: 92mph(!) barp-barp-barp-barp-barp-barp

4th: 109mph(!) barp-barp-barp-barp-barp-barp

5th: and relax...

All speeds indicated, by me, at lunch, on my way to the wheel shop. Via a private testing facility, naturally ;)

im amazed, ive had 57 in 2nd tops bouncing off limiter in my 1.0l

and 95 not on limiter in 4th

there quick but :blink: not supercars

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links