Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pre-Facelift Bumper Reinforcment On A Facelift Car

Swinblink

Hey folks!

First post here, and its a bad one. :( I recently had a crash, and the front reinforcement is shot. So i can get ahold of a pre facelift reinforcment, but does it fit onto the facelift model?

i do believe you can :)

i have a rear impact beam from a facelift on my pre-facelift. and looking at nrgizers pictures from here its looks the same as whats on the front of my pre-facelift. so you should be able to go old to new. the only changes btween the 2 front ends were the altered headlights, fog light recess', upper and lower grill shapes.

no one likes a crash! my cars still away and has been pretty much off the road for a month since a van went into the side of me. 3.5k later (and still rising) it looks like shel be back to rude health on monday B)

how bads the damage on yours? pics?

Im not gonna lie it was all my fault! Sat a bag of maltesers and a bottle of coke on my passenger seat, and the bleeper started to go off, i looked over and knocked them onto the floor, looked back up and someone put a fence in my way. I think i was kinda groggy, not tired just kinda, blergh. Must have looked at my seat for longer than i thought!

So yeah, 100% my fault.

Need:

New bumper, Bonnet, front panel, bumper reinforcment, air con radiator.

If anyone has any places to get these parts let me know!

172187_1897070470767_1361779134_32183523_3891398_o.jpg

oh man so sorry too hear that. her beautiful face. such a shame.

nevermind shelk be back to sexy in no time mate dont worry!

it will fit no problems.

The problem you may have is the mount on the drivers side in your photo looks bent. it will require a fair amount of force to bend it back.

jesus, you werent shy about giving the fence a tap eh!

an insurance repair on thats gonna be 2 grand easily.....i presume you dont want to claim to keep it from being written off etc? im also assuming you were going slow enough that the air bags didnt deploy?

from that pic it looks like the impact beam will come of ok-ish, the main cross bar has done what its supposed to and sheered the welds between itself and the mount. allows the impact to be absorbed by the crossbar without transfering to the rest of the front end.

also looking at the impact point, you gonna need a new bonnet release mech? or has that scraped through and survived the hit?

personally id be on the phone to and emailing salvage/breakers yards. i dont see a problem sourcing the parts from cars that have been rear ended. its not a t-sport which would make sourcing the front bumper a little more......interesting. lol. other than breakers yeard, eBay is always worth a shout for parts or people breaking cars.

i used to go to local breakers yards myself and have a hunt, remove and pay for any parts i wanted there and then, but those days are long gone in many places :(

In all honesty i wasn't going much more that 19/20 mph, airbags didnt deploy. Got the reinforcement off fine, the anchor points look fine to me, will have a closer look though! thanks for the response guys!

totally! im missing driving a decent car. hating the pug 207 courtesy car i have. i just want my car back as it was. crashed 16th of jan, still awaiting. lol

has the bumper being pushed outwards at the ends, broken the fixing plates? pretty sure they're an ***** to deal with when busted. (its a black plastic panel. not 100% on where they are attached to mind, as haven't looked at them in detail)

Okay, Got a bumper off eBay, got it for a baragin by the loos of things, providing it survives shipping. Bonnet wise looks like i need to go to toyota, no where has genuine parts, and ive been told the copy panels are crap?

Now just gotta order bumper reinforcer and get her built up again, i hope!

Infact can someone link me to a bumper reinforcment, because they look totally different from the one on the car just now?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links