Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Vent Cupholders

Phil_1985

2007 T180

You know the pop out cup holders by the driver and passenger air vents? Well my drivers side one is nicely damped when you pop it out, but the passenger side one is not - springs out very violently and I'm scared it might break one day as it's that violent. Has anyone else had a similar issue, or are they adjustable in any way?

Thanks!

Mine are fine but my glove box damper is broken at the connector part that attaches to the glove box. Superglue should fix my problem.

As for your problem, don't let it spring out when you press it by dampening it with your hands.

I don't think they can be adjusted, it's just a damper that's broken it seems.

As above. Only other option is to buy one off eBay from a scrapped Auris and replace.

well it's actually broken now... it won't even stay in. I'm so annoyed! So annoyed that I rang the sales manager at Minories Durham where I bought the car - it's going in next Tuesday for warranty work, steering column, door check straps and rear disc skimming. Unsolved issues remaining are high pitch whistling noise from the wing mirror on the motorway and a suspension squeak at low speeds. For a car I bought used a month ago, July 2007 39,000miles I'm not impressed at all! :crybaby:

These things happen, I had issues with mine and was contemplating getting rid but after they fixed all the issues I love the car. You risk this with any car and it seems you have been unfortunate.

Let us know how you get on with the whistling on the mirrors.

Thanks.

The whistling is a symptom in mine as well, only if I listen for it though and doesn't bother me. My stereo drowns that sound 99% of the time. I doubt they will be able to solve that.

Suspension creek is also a symptom that I live with... Maybe I need to lower my moaning thresholds :)

Maybe I need to lower my thresholds too! :thumbsup: BUT. I came from a 2004 Renault Megane, and I had high expectations from Toyota - in the end I've got a car with build quality of a lower standard!

I've searched through the topics on here, and have read success stories regarding the wing mirror whistle. On mine I can still hear it with the stereo on loud..

How did they solve the whistling?

I had a 2003 new shape Megane before my Corolla, can safely say that car put me off Renault for life :lol:

from memory, it was taking the mirror housing apart and packing it (no further detail was provided) or, replacement of the mirror housing itself.

My 2004 Megane, purchased in 2005 used, was an absolute nightmare during the warranty period for the first two years. Dealer service was alright. For all the trouble I had the dealer extended my warranty by an extra two years for free, and I got £150 in the form of vouchers from Renault UK and a free service.

Typically, when my warranty ran out, the car behaved itself and turned into a miracle. No more issues!

I traded it in when it was just under seven years old, with 131,000miles on the clock. (But a few months prior, it had a new, well refurb turbo)

• 3 weeks later...

cup holders will be replaced under warranty. i need to go and have another one fitted. I had new ones fitted 4 months ago and the d/s is gone already

My stereo drowns that sound 99% of the time.

Hey, mine drowns out all noise, 100% of the time. :toot: :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links