Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Hot Air From Heater

DEANO71

Hi i have a 91 rev 2 na import that has no hot air coming out of the heater, i was driving along and heard an electrical short followed by a nasty smell (wasnt me) and have since replaced the heater control unit and fan but no joy, the fan does not work on low or medium high either. Does anyone know if there is some kind of sensor on or around the heater matrix that controls the heat, also the matrix is fine as im not loosing any water any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks, a very cold 6-2 shift worker.

Not familiar with your car but sounds to me as though there may be a resister bank for fan speed control. This may have burnt out. They do after a while . You need to check wiring diagram.

Good luck

There is a sensor thingy on the side of the heater blower that might have burnt out

remove the glove-box and you should be able to see it ,its a black box type thing

• 2 weeks later...

There is a sensor thingy on the side of the heater blower that might have burnt out

remove the glove-box and you should be able to see it ,its a black box type thing

Thanks fellas heater is now working of it's own accord, don't know how but i'm a warm happy chappy again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links