Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr Nav Tomtom 410

t-spiritpete

Hi to all, I have done the TomTom backup through the website, took forever to do but it completed.

What I want to know is after doing a copy of of the original TomTom Sd card to a new 2 gig Sd card and inserting it into the TomTom it says it is not registered.

I believe I can go to the TomTome Home application and put a code in (which I have on a plastic card) and then .... can I have two working cards or will it invalidate the original Sd card .... I don't want to do that!

What I am trying to do is create a working backup Sd card in case the original fails or gets lost/mislaid so that I don't have to go through the internet to sort it out.

Pete.

Hmmm.

With my TNS400 (from the 2008 SR), I just used a PC to copy the entire contents of the SD card from one SD card to the PC and the onto another SD card.

You need to make sure that you have selected the options in Windows Explorer under "Tools", "Folder Options", "View" so that you "Show hidden files & folders" and so that you UNTICK "Hide protected operating system files" - otherwise the PC won't copy some hidden critical files.

That should give you two working identical SD cards.

The other issue I've had is using a cheap generic 2gb sd card instead of the tomtom card seemed to cause issues - perhaps because the data transfer rate wasn't fast enough. So I've switched to using a branded higher speed SD card and that seems OK.

If that doesn't work, PM me as I have a few other ideas....

Hmmm.

With my TNS400 (from the 2008 SR), I just used a PC to copy the entire contents of the SD card from one SD card to the PC and the onto another SD card.

You need to make sure that you have selected the options in Windows Explorer under "Tools", "Folder Options", "View" so that you "Show hidden files & folders" and so that you UNTICK "Hide protected operating system files" - otherwise the PC won't copy some hidden critical files.

That should give you two working identical SD cards.

The other issue I've had is using a cheap generic 2gb sd card instead of the tomtom card seemed to cause issues - perhaps because the data transfer rate wasn't fast enough. So I've switched to using a branded higher speed SD card and that seems OK.

If that doesn't work, PM me as I have a few other ideas....

Thanks mate I will try that method, I must admit I didn't do hidden folders thing, I will keep in touch with via PM anyway to keep you updated about our SR.:thumbsup:

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links