Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo/c1 Side Mouldings

swinfan

Hi, does anyone know if Citroen C1 side mouldings will fit an Aygo-Go? Are the doors the same size and shape? The reason I ask is because the side mouldings on offer from Toyota, as an accessory, are, to put it simply... rather large "pig-ugly" things. Awful!! The C1 mouldings look much, much better. I guess I could go down to my Citroen dealer and measure the doors, but the man in the showroom might not be too happy. Any help, info, suggestions, much appreciated.

The doors should be the same - the differences between the models are the front, rear and trim levels. All cosmetic.

It would be too costly to have different doors/door skins.

Fitting non Toyota parts may affect the warranty though.

The side mouldings will be fixed in place using 3m self adhesive film or similar.

The doors should be the same - the differences between the models are the front, rear and trim levels. All cosmetic.

It would be too costly to have different doors/door skins.

Fitting non Toyota parts may affect the warranty though.

The side mouldings will be fixed in place using 3m self adhesive film or similar.

Front doors are the same, the rear doors are different between the Aygo and the C1/107.

The mouldings however WILL fit the Aygo. In the Netherlands some trimlevels are fitted

with the PSA-mouldings as standard! Here's an example of them painted:

GroteFoto-Z6TYXVQD.jpg

As for Warranty: that's just a scare-tactic IMHO. Else putting a sticker on the car would

void warranty too? I'd like to see a dealer make an arguement that he does not wat to

repair your engine under warranty because you put a rubber strip on the doors...

In the UK the Toyota warranty includes three years covering the paintwork - and it was this part of the warranty I was referring to. Obviously quite separate to the mechanics, electrics, etc.

Some manufacturers are particularly senstive re non-standard parts being fitted.

Back in the mid-90's when we had a new Honda Concerto (built 10 miles away from us by Rover at Longbridge), the drivers door switch operating the alarm and central locking needed replacing under warranty. Honda was having to wait for the part to come from Japan - they wouldn't fit the identical 'Rover' switch as it hadn't been subject to the same Honda quality control processes Honda uses for their cars. In the end the dealer had to cannabilise another new Concerto for the door switch, and hold off selling that car til the switch arrived from Japan (weeks later).

We've already seen on this forum about differences in quality control measures at the Aygo/C1/107 plant ('PSA To Recall C1 And 107'),

Front doors are the same, the rear doors are different between the Aygo and the C1/107.

The mouldings however WILL fit the Aygo. In the Netherlands some trimlevels are fitted

with the PSA-mouldings as standard! Here's an example of them painted:

GroteFoto-Z6TYXVQD.jpg

As for Warranty: that's just a scare-tactic IMHO. Else putting a sticker on the car would

void warranty too? I'd like to see a dealer make an arguement that he does not wat to

repair your engine under warranty because you put a rubber strip on the doors...

Cheers Bud, those side mouldings look soooo much better than the Toyota ones!!

In the UK the Toyota warranty includes three years covering the paintwork - and it was this part of the warranty I was referring to. Obviously quite separate to the mechanics, electrics, etc.

Some manufacturers are particularly senstive re non-standard parts being fitted.

Back in the mid-90's when we had a new Honda Concerto (built 10 miles away from us by Rover at Longbridge), the drivers door switch operating the alarm and central locking needed replacing under warranty. Honda was having to wait for the part to come from Japan - they wouldn't fit the identical 'Rover' switch as it hadn't been subject to the same Honda quality control processes Honda uses for their cars. In the end the dealer had to cannabilise another new Concerto for the door switch, and hold off selling that car til the switch arrived from Japan (weeks later).

We've already seen on this forum about differences in quality control measures at the Aygo/C1/107 plant ('PSA To Recall C1 And 107'),

Thanks for reply. Interesting point regards warranty. Wonder if having the mouldings fitted by a Toyota dealer would make any difference?

Hi, does anyone know if Citroen C1 side mouldings will fit an Aygo-Go? Are the doors the same size and shape? The reason I ask is because the side mouldings on offer from Toyota, as an accessory, are, to put it simply... rather large "pig-ugly" things. Awful!! The C1 mouldings look much, much better. I guess I could go down to my Citroen dealer and measure the doors, but the man in the showroom might not be too happy. Any help, info, suggestions, much appreciated.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion Swinfan but i dont think my side mouldings look pig-ugly or awful :angry:...or perhaps i am being biased to my own car :unsure:

PHOTOS2011032.jpg

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion Swinfan but i dont think my side mouldings look pig-ugly or awful :angry:...or perhaps i am being biased to my own car :unsure:

PHOTOS2011032.jpg

Bit too hefty for my liking. Reckon they could affect the drag coefficient and reduce your mpg lol ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links