Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"cat Efficiency Below Threshold" Wtf?

vikvallabh82

While driving along an A road my engine management light came on. Thankfully I could dive into a reputable local mechanic who read the error code and it came back with ""CAT efficiency below threshold"... now I am aware of a number of possible casues, the mechanic cleared the code, and I continued the rest of my journey (27 miles of motorway and dual carriageway) with no further incident.

Anyone had this before? Any ideas?

Vik

It means the cat isn,t wotking effiecntly enough so you may well need a new cat

it may not be the cat at all before you jump in at the deep end. The o2 sensor may be dirty and clogged up and sending an incorrect signal id take them out and give them a clean first

Is there a guide for the o2 wsensor removal onthe forum?

Hey,

Check out sites like this before you do anything to your oxygen sensors, you will probably bugger them up totally if you try cleaning them manually.

Oxyen Sensor cleaning

Better still, wait until its a regular probelm of the check light coming on, a single occurrance is not enough to warrant loads of work.

A MOT type emmissions test will tell you if anything is really wrong and cost a lot less.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links