Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Spotted!

AYGOgummy

Click on this! A CAR Magazine reader spotted this and didn't know what it was. I'd have known in an instant that it was a dressed-up Aygo, and these people call themselves petrolheads! Deary me. Anyway according to CAR, after they "did a bit of digging" they found out it was indeed an Aygo. Doesn't look vastly different from ours, though I suspect it's probably dressed in the current car's bodywork, possibly hiding new mechanics etc. Probably about time to be seeing prototypes being put through their paces, but I wouldn't have expected to see one in the UK as this guy did! Either way, it's probably a sign that the new-generation triplets are on their way! I wouldn't be surprise if we see a debut at the Frankfurt Motorshow in the Autumn, or Geneva 2012 at the very latest.

Thanks for sharing the news Aygogummy. I m really excited about the next generation car. I wonder what it would look like, ad how better engineered it will be. I read somewhere that the new triplets will actually have different roof lines.

Hope theres more pics of the new body shape soon.

I hope its got a 1.6 turbocharged engine ;)

I think testing in Britain can only be a good thing (I may take that back if it turns out to be awful!) but seriously, Toyota's link with Lotus is still alive so fingers crossed it will turn out brilliantly!

Cheers Aygogummy, good spot!

I would imagine to save money it will just be cosmetic and the running gear and engine will remain the same.

I've been looking at those pics again and I'm more and more convinced someone is having a laugh with everyone...

Size-wise this looks EXACTLY like an exsisting Aygo, while the new one is supposed to be 15cm/6" longer.

And if this car is really "camouflaged" why did they tape off the wheels? They're standard "Sport"-rims!

The more I think about it, the less I believe this to be a real "next generation" Aygo...

I would imagine to save money it will just be cosmetic and the running gear and engine will remain the same.

There are going to be new engines. I think this has already been confirmed by PSA and Toyota.

I've been looking at those pics again and I'm more and more convinced someone is having a laugh with everyone...

Size-wise this looks EXACTLY like an exsisting Aygo, while the new one is supposed to be 15cm/6" longer.

And if this car is really "camouflaged" why did they tape off the wheels? They're standard "Sport"-rims!

The more I think about it, the less I believe this to be a real "next generation" Aygo...

I thought they're Sport rims too. But many manufacturers use the wheels from their previous models and camouflage them, so who knows. The back end does look slightly more squared off, though. It's highly possible that they're running test mules in slightly modified versions of the current car's body - SAAB have definitely been doing this lately with the testing of their new 9-3 compact saloon. But who knows, maybe it'll remain a mystery. I just posted because I thought people might find it interesting anyway. We'll find out soon I guess.

Oh it's definately inetresting, don't let me put you off on putting things like this online:

I re-posted your spot onto our Dutch forum too! We'll probably never know the truth :P

How about a vandalised Aygo Blue with alloys...??

all rear windows smashed by some yob and the poor owner has covered the holes with plastic....

Just a thought...

:thumbsup:

How about a vandalised Aygo Blue with Alloys...??

all rear windows smashed by some yob and the poor owner has covered the holes with plastic....

Just a thought...

:thumbsup:

Positive Mental Attitude, that's the spirit... :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links