Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TOC Test'n'Tune Day!

SuperRetard

Would you attend a TOC-only trackday thingy?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a TOC-only trackday thingy?

• Yes, but only if it was on a pukka race track
    • Yes, but not if it was on an intimidating race track
    • Yes, no matter where it is! FAST! SPEED! NNEEEOOOWWWM!
    • No. Are you mad? My insurance don't cover that!

Now then, now then, jingle-jangle, jingle-jangle!

What I'd like to know is, how many of you guys want to drive their car as fast (or as slow) as they want on a nice, big, safe bit of private tarmac? This can be either a track or a big airfield (like Top Gear's, only bigger and with more run-off!).

If enough people are interested, I'd be quite willing to make the appropriate phone calls... The next poll would then be weekday or weekend...

yes BUT...

Track day insurance? how much on average you lookin at?

Have a look in Gold and see if you fancy going on that :thumbsup:

need to find a car first mate... :P :thumbsup:

Have a look in Gold and see if you fancy going on that :thumbsup:

need to find a car first mate... :P :thumbsup:

Was talking to SR but if you have a car before september then you might be interested but it's for goldies only :P

Yeah, seen it, posted, looks good, glad I joined Gold! Count me in! Will have to upgrade my RAC to European 5*!

Still up for doing something less amazing back in the UK though....

id go for the crack to watch and chill out i suppose not too keen on takin mine on the track (not !Removed! or owt)

just stand back and watch others chuck it in the hedge bottom

I'm in ireland and been to a few trackdays, As long as you stay well clear of guys who "try" to drift its fine. GREAT FUN. I reccommend it highly.

And for those of you who think "my car is too slow" that's no excuse, as i found out, a R32 Golf is no use in the tyre wall and a Porchse is no use stuck in the pits with mechanics around it. Hell I went in a 1Ltr car and I was quicker than a Mini cooper S. :D

Hmmm... pukka race track... Llandow... Prolly about £60-£70 a head.

Testing grounds....Bruntingthorpe (just off the M1 south of Leicester)... prolly less than £30 a head. Both of which would be free for speckletators...

Hmmm.... not exactly a riotous response... but we can do bruntingthorpe with as few vehicles as we want...

What about a TOC-only group within a regular trackday?

Hmmm.... not exactly a riotous response... but we can do bruntingthorpe with as few vehicles as we want...

What about a TOC-only group within a regular trackday?

I have tried to arrange this kind of thing before but dont really get any interest!! :(

If you can get a small group together please let me know as I would be interested with out a doubt!

Nick :thumbsup:

Llandow's good for me - just down the road.

Well with such low interest, maybe it's an idea to book some slots at Brunters on a Saturday, then those that were umming-and-ahhing can see the date, make a decision, then commit. But we won't get exclusive use... you may have to move over for the odd race car or the owner's XJ220!

It's very flexible that way though. We can take some piccies, have a larf, drive or go passenger in each other's motors. Make a half-decent TOC article for t'magazine too...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links