Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hissing Stereo On Shutdown

SyCelicaGT

Hi Guys,

I am doing up the Mrs wonderful MR2 to get it back to it's former glory.

I have the active speaker system and have installed an aftermarket JVC unit. The Speakers make a strange loud hissing noise for about 1 second on shutdown if the ignition is turned off whilst the headunit is on. If the headunit is turned off manually before the ignition is turned off then it is fine which makes me thinks it's something to do with the active amp. Any tips for me to stop the strange noise?

Try running another earth from the JVC unit's body to the car chassis, this 'might' cure it, i seem to remember doing this on an active system a few years ago

HTH,

Mo

As above, I have had a couple of "Active" system MR2s, had the same issue, on the first one it was the auto leads ISO harness not wired properly and having the wrong earths, (there isa post on this forum about it somewhere, circa 2004 lol) the seond one I jut ran another earth anyway.

You might want to fix this ASAP as it tends to get worse.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links