Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo Radiator ?

Graeme D

Hi

I have spent a couple of hours removing the coolant radiator from the mr2 - 1991 turbo as when driving under 50mph the temperature guage slowly rises and with the weather improving thought best to have a look. Normally picking up speed and it drops to nromal quickly.

When the raidator for the coolant, fans all taken out I still have a radiator which was infront of the coolant raidator which is the one with the cooling vanes falling out (most fell out when I removed the coolant raidator given the angle the radiators are fixed) ----- what is it for? Is it standard? if its not working right may explaining my cooling problems.

I cant find any reference to it in toyota manuals and wondering if a previous owner has had this fitted maybe an oil cooler but as it is mounted via what look like Toyota bolts and factory fittings I am not so sure - photos attached will show.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be and any help gratefully received as MR2 is up on axle stands, no radiator in and not moving!

I will attach a couple of photos of the radiator right and left sides showing its feed pipes and thermostats and one from above.

I am near Taunton, Somerset and if anyone is able to have a look or know of the best place to source parts please post a reply.

Thanks

Graeme

The front radiator is for the aircon and has nothing to do with the coolant ,these normally fall apart quite easy

the coolant radiator is behind it

the one pictured is the aircon radiator, or condenser as it is called

Thanks, I should haved realised.

Still concerned on why the temperature is going up when below 50, fans do cut in - did the leave the car running on the drive and checked they kicked in but not for very long.

Hi

Anyone know of a supplier apart from Toyota for the condenser. Just spoke with Fastrads and their supplier has discontinued the condenser for the MR2.

Thanks

Graeme

Maybe a flush out of the radiator would help... or the whole system? Check the thermostat as well.

I'm no expert on the air-con, but could you fit a similar sized one maybe from another car?

Totally different, but for example, I use a Clio radiator as the charge cooler for my intercooler. By taking the thing into a supplier, maybe they could think of a similar replacement.

Other thing is to try Parts King to see if he can provide a discounted Toyota one?

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links