Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen5 Gt-r Stereo Install

craighann

Hi everyone. Just got my 92 Celica GTR this week, and have to say it's a stunning car and I'm really, really happy with it! :D

BUT (there had to be a but...) it's got the Toyota Superlive sound system with the amplifier under the passenger seat. The head unit that was in the car when I got it was a sony single cd unit. It looked like it'd been bodged in there by whoever had the car before me. The botton half of the double-din space was empty... I'm wondering if anyone knows what should have been in there...

Also, I've now swapped the sony cd player out for my sony headunit and put my 10 disc changer in the boot. Wiring was a nightmare, but i've got all the Speakers working (they weren't before) and the stereo memory running off the Battery and the 12v off the ignition. It all seems to work OK, except sometimes the audio just cuts out.

I'm not sure if there is a pattern to this, but it looks like if I disarm the alarm/immobiliser, turn the ignition to position I, and turn on the stereo, it comes on and I can hear audio through the Speakers. It's then fine for a bit, but just cuts out after a while.

If the immobiliser activates itself, and I then turn it off using the fob, then start the ignition, there's no audio output.

I don't understand exactly what's going on with it - I don't think its anything to do with the immobiliser, cos that doesn't make much sense, and it cuts out after a while when i'm driving.

When it cuts out, the stereo appears to be working - whether radio, tape or cd, everything functions as i'd expect, but just with no sound. One more thing - when I then press the 'off' button, there's like a squealing sound comes from all the Speakers. Sounds kind of like something discharging(?)

Has anyone come across this problem? Is it something to do with the amp? Or have I done something wrong :crybaby: ?

Sorry for the long post, but i'm completely stumped, and could really do with some help! :help:

not sure about your audio problems but in the empty space there should be a cup holder and a little flip down door storage compartment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links