Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manual 4runner

ravravrav

Does anyone have any information as to why the new 4Runner is auto only and when/if it'll be manufactured with a manual tranny?

Sorry didn't see your question before ;)

The 4Runner is not available on many markets, so many people won't know or can't help.

I've just done a little research, and it seems that the US is the last place where it is available, so therefore it's probably a question of what sells. If there was a demand for a manual box, then I'm sure that they'd offer it :(

I was told by my dealer it would only be auto for 2 reasons, demand as well as incompatability with the traction control system.

i think the good people at toyota ought to make a manual 4runner.

Well, you've just provided the demand :lol:

But if the traction control system is the reason that it only comes in auto then it's no longer the car I remember from my youth - it used to be a rugged family car based on the HiLux pickup - no such luxuries as traction control :eek:

Is the 4Runner the same as the Surf? Is the Surf still available anywhere? So many questions and so few answers :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links