Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flashing Dash Lights

gramey

Hi,

new here to this forum, and was wondering if any of you guys knew what the possible causes of my problems could be.

The problem is only evident on the first Cold Start in the mornings and lasts for approximately 5-10 minutes.

When the engine is first started after standing overnight, the Battery indicator, the CHECK ENGINE indicator (next to the Battery indicator) and the BRAKE indicator begin to flash off and on approximately every second or so.

I can even hear what sounds like a relay clicking somewhere in the engine bay (which clicks in time with the flashing), but have not been able to find it as the problem does not manifest at tick over, only when you reach about 1200 RPM.

After the engine warms ever so slightly, about 5- 8 minutes, this stops and never occurs again until the car has stood overnight.

It is the 3.0 Diesel EFI, SR5 4WD Tiger, 2002.

Many thanks for any help as this is driving me nuts!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links