Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

performance parts for MR2 Turbo?

xad_theman

hello, i am a newbie, yes i am.

i just bought a '95 MR2 Turbo, and i live in the US....

I do not know which performance parts i should get for my MR2.

The small things i know of already are Intake and Exhaust.

Can you guys provide me with some things to buy and the name and company of them? also, how good is the stock turbo? should i buy get a different one? if so what kind/company? thanx.

also, i was wondering if you guys know if the UK version of the MR2 is allowed in the US? as in pass emissions and inspetion and stuff.

thanx

Welcome to the club...

OK depending on how large your budget is here's a few things to get you started...

If you have the Turbo one of the first thigs I would do is get a UniChip installed, piggy backs with the main ECU, remaps the engine and has been proved to add anything upto 23-30bhp if installed by the right engineer (its only as good as the installation.

Induction - RAM Air is a good piece of Kit, Blitz, HKS, so many to choose from, not really a power gain but great sound:)

Exhaust- IMHO on a Mk2 Monggose exhaust has to be done, goes very well with the car and sounds amazing. Decat if you can, not sure how US law would effect this.

Then theres a whole host of toys to add boost controllers, turbo timers etc....

The MR2 engine 3SG-TE is very flexible and can do an awful lot with it....

Tyres, I'd change to 16's not 17's, P6000's work very well in dry and wet or F1's 205/55/16 front, 225/55/16 rear...

Depends how you want to spend....

Not sure wether the UK or Jap car would pass US emissions...

Unfortunately don't know any US places to purchase so cant help there, keep an eye out for Blitz, HKS, RamAir you'll be fine....

Have fun :)

I'm an MR2 turbo owner in the States, and as long as you don't live in California you can get away without the Pre-cat, not a bad place to start. I will sat that the 3s-gte will handle some serious boost from what I've been reading, perhaps as much as the vernerable sr20det from nissan, both are very overbuilt for normal use.

Hi people,

A mate of mine is considering getting an MK2 MR2 and wants to know if there's much available for uprating the brakes, ie bigger discs and larger calipers all round. he says he's looked about but hasn't had much luck. Anyone know of any that've had theirs uprated and what companies do them?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links