Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris D4D

Icefox

Hi,

I am considering a 2.0 D4D Auris to use as a towcar for a small caravan(up to a 1000kg).We have a 2005 1.3 Yaris which has been fantastic and I have owned a Corolla T Sport in the past so know how good Toyota are as a manufacturer.

Can anyone please tell me if the D4D engine has the dreaded Dual Mass Flywheel and DPF? Both these items are prone to being troublesome on some diesel engines and I wonder if this is the case with the Auris?

Any information on the reliability of the D4D engine would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Rob.

Welcome,

The Auris 2.0D4D engine is reliable, but dosent feel like there is much torque although there is a claimed figure of 300nm. I know its a healthy engine because its got full history I DIY very regular, EGR Valve & filters etc but it just dosent feel eager as say the VAG 2.0 TURBO DIESELS, so you may be a little disapointed if it dosen't tow your caravan too well.

I dont tow but I havent had any issues, & I must admit occasionally I drive a little enthusiastic & it seems to cope. Neither are there many posts on here regarding issues with the dual mass flywheel, not sure if the 2.0 Diesel has the particulate filter, the 2.2 does have it.

Test drive one & see what you think, I cant see there being any issues reliabilty wise.

Hi,

I am considering a 2.0 D4D Auris to use as a towcar for a small caravan(up to a 1000kg).We have a 2005 1.3 Yaris which has been fantastic and I have owned a Corolla T Sport in the past so know how good Toyota are as a manufacturer.

Can anyone please tell me if the D4D engine has the dreaded Dual Mass Flywheel and DPF? Both these items are prone to being troublesome on some diesel engines and I wonder if this is the case with the Auris?

Any information on the reliability of the D4D engine would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Rob.

I tow a 1200kg van with a Auris TR 2.0 D4D and find it tows better than the 1.8 petrol Avensis I had before ,also it is a better tow match ratio for my caravan ,The Auris gives me about 30mpg when towing as opposed to the Avensis 20mpg

Only thing for the 2.0 is to rev it a little higher than most other diesels when pulling away with the caravan, i find that most of the Torque is at about 1800 revs.

I've not heard of any inherent problems with the 2.0 D4D engine or clutch. However my brake discs have worn out after 30,000 miles of not terribly hard use, might be something to consider if you will be doing a lot of towing, as it may put a bit of extra wear on the brakes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links