Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Verso Tx 1800

bouchier

Sadly my awesome Toyota Verso which has not given me ones days trouble in 4.5 yrs broke down without warning (20 days after a service at a Toyota Workshop) with 54 000kms on the clock!!! (this Verso has had all its services done at a Toyota Dealership and has a service plan however the warranty is up.

I am told this is unheard of by:

* the dealership that sold it to me

* the dealership that is looking at the engine now

* by anyone who has a Toyota as well as by mech engineers....

IF this is so unheard of what do I do about it? What could Toyota do about it?

It is past the warranty but it is only on 54 000kms which is really low for such failure in a Toyota.

This car is only used to take children to school and shopping etc hence the low kms after 4.5 years of ownership.

The dealership Market Toyota in Cape Town tell me that it may cost R60 000 for a new engine and then still the labout on top of that. They think its the number 3 piston that snapped.

They have had my car for 2 weeks and still no answers as to exactly what is wrong or how much it will cost. Both service managers are on leave...

The car is not paid up and now I have this problem of paying for a new engine...

1) Has anyone else had this problem of a snapped piston

2) Does anyone have and advice as to what I should do about this and do they think Toyota will assist?

Welcome to the forum oltho I'm sorry to read of your problem.

I have seen advice that you should try writing to Toyota explaining the issue and detailing all the money you have spent at Toyota dealers getting the services done.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links