Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Disc ?

CharlieFarlie

Thinking of updating the Sat Nav disc as the one in the slot is a bit out of date ... Where is the best place to get one ? Or should I just stick the Tom Tom in the window .... Thanks. Charlie.

blimey I though by now Someone would have offered Me a copy of Their one .................... :thumbsup:

After they do, can I also borrow it please!!

Course You can Mate I'm always glad to share .... :thumbsup: My one is 2005/2006 and its just useless .....

you can get them from here:

Site reference removed....Copyright Infringement

I bought a 2010 map/update disc from this guy last year for our X-Trail (prior to purchasing the T180) as there are a fair few new road layouts around our area and the disc worked perfectly.

Yeh seen the Mate Ta. But are they Genuine Toyota or copies ?? Anyone can copy one that They have !! I copy workshop manuals foe Jet-skis and give them free on a certain Forum ... On the basis that the recipient bungs a few quid in the RNLI box.... Everyones a winner !! :rolleyes:

They are not genuine OEM discs and you would never tell but at the same time I have not seen any thing other than this guy hence buying off him when we had the Nissan.

At the end of the day for £40 notes you are getting the latest maps, however if you can get me a copy of the latest one for free, then I'll take one :thumbsup:

They are not genuine OEM discs and you would never tell but at the same time I have not seen any thing other than this guy hence buying off him when we had the Nissan.

At the end of the day for £40 notes you are getting the latest maps, however if you can get me a copy of the latest one for free, then I'll take one :thumbsup:

Does His discs still give traffic warnings and offer alternative routes like the factory ones ? Do they offer 3 routes exactly like the factory ones ?? I'm curious as well as interested. I can buy one and copy as many as You like if they are pucker jobs unlike a lot of after market ones that have the above bits missing ...

I would be happy to buy one and offer copies free on the basis that any recipient bungs a fiver in the Cancer charity box... Thats what I have been doing with Workshop manuals for bikes and Jet skis for Years....

But there is no real point in copying a disc with half the information missing .................

Count me in, I'm travelling south in July and I have the 2006 version - 5 years out of date!! How much is the genuine Toyota disc anyway?

Blue

Count me in, I'm travelling south in July and I have the 2006 version - 5 years out of date!! How much is the genuine Toyota disc anyway?

Blue

I believe but not sure that the proper Toyota disc is around £140 to £150 .............. I would rather Shell out for one of these than buy a disc which only does half the job though .! I realise that copying infringed copyright laws BUT I don't make a copper coin from doing it in fact it costs Me for CDs or Dual layer DVDs and postage. But I've always worked on the basis that if the RNLI or Cancer charities get even just a few quid well (What a clown am I for trying to beat the swear filter) the copyright laws.. Plus these forums in My opinion work on the basis of helping one another out even if its just a bit of information ??

The Fella selling copies is making at least 37 quid a pop !! Fair do to Him though I havent a problem with that ...

I could be wrong here but I was on the understanding that the disc is purely the latest roads, estates, etc. It is actually the TMC/GPS that provides the satnav system with traffic warnings & alternative routes. I say this because as mentioned above we had a 2006 X-Trail that had the original satnav disc in there, I replaced this with the 2010 map update from satnav-updates.com and every thing worked as before, i.e. all traffic alerts, diversions, alternative routes, etc, you would not have known it was a copy - even the satnav system itself listed the disc as a Nissan satnav disc version X.7 2010 (the latest disc). All saved settings/destinations on your system are actually stored on the internal hard drive on the sat nav system rather than the disc and this guy is promising your money back if it does not work.

I am not on commission here by the way :D I have just seen these discs work perfectly as per the OEM stuff at a third of the price.

I am definitey considering buying one for the T180 but do not have the right software to copy these discs and distribute from there. If some one else is willing to buy one and make copies then I will definitely make a contribution towards a Cancer charity or whatever charity you wish :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Mate. To be honest I don't know anything about how Nav systems work !! I will for sure be getting a new disc over the next few days cos My 2005/6 one is just !Removed! useless ... Im neeing one for the Jag as well as even though its late 09 car the flaming disc in that is miles out of date !! It tells Me that I'm approaching a Toll on the Forth bridge. The Toll was removed 18 months before the car was registered !!!!!

Keep me updated on this. I really want to get my SatNav to latest version!

ive just ordered one hope its ok as off to spain at the end of the month

ive just ordered one hope its ok as off to spain at the end of the month

Ive phoned the Guy in the above link several time today and got no reply....

Pardon me here but you are all talking about illegal downloads and file sharing/ copyrighted goods, probably best if it's not discussed in an open forum, it goes against all the forum rules :yes:

Bluemonster:

I am not on commission here by the way :D I have just seen these discs work perfectly as per the OEM stuff at a third of the price.

Yes of course they are, he is not paying any rights to the owner of the copyright!!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've bought the E11 (4 discs) edition. But the E13 is out now. I've not had chance to change my 2006 disc yet but I'm just hoping that these discs work. I'd be interested in the latest discs and put some money in the RNLI box :thumbsup:

Pardon me here but you are all talking about illegal downloads and file sharing/ copyrighted goods, probably best if it's not discussed in an open forum, it goes against all the forum rules :yes:

Bluemonster:

Yes of course they are, he is not paying any rights to the owner of the copyright!!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Mate firstly the Seller is selling quite openly on His website so how is this possible ?? Secondly I would rather buy a genuine disc if the price is not ridiculous. Can You supply please a price for this disc ?/

Also a price for a set of four mudflaps for the 2006 T180. 4.3 model I believe ?? Thanks..

Charlie.

Thinking of updating the Sat Nav disc as the one in the slot is a bit out of date ... Where is the best place to get one ? Or should I just stick the Tom Tom in the window .... Thanks. Charlie.

what is the exact make and model of your sat nav unit, also the part numbers on the DVD you have already would be a great help.

I may be able to p[oint you in the right direction.

what is the exact make and model of your sat nav unit, also the part numbers on the DVD you have already would be a great help.

I may be able to p[oint you in the right direction.

All I can tell You is its the factory fit Nav unit and the disc is years 05/06 so the disc is very old ....

Does it have E10 ,E11, etc written on it? ( or is the disc a copy like mine was when I bought the rav :-()

86271-60w394A or the like?

can you upload a picture of your sat nav unit.

Will need the correct make and model to save you time and effort, as downloading 8GB is very time consuming, espesially when you have downloaded the wrong DVD :crybaby:

any of these look familiar? Click on get map and then choose your vehicle, then select the sat nav which looks like yours.

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

My E11 discs have 86271-0W061 and 86271-60W361 2008-2009 ver.1 written on the West disc. All the other 3 discs have similar numbers printed on them...

My E11 discs have 86271-0W061 and 86271-60W361 2008-2009 ver.1 written on the West disc. All the other 3 discs have similar numbers printed on them...

Yes those will be the ones, the ones I have links to are E12 2009-2010 all 4 dvds there are E13 but these use a new type of data compression, and so far cannot be coppied.

Is it possible to get the E12 update discs? Where and how much?

Does it have E10 ,E11, etc written on it? ( or is the disc a copy like mine was when I bought the rav :-()

86271-60w394A or the like?

can you upload a picture of your sat nav unit.

Will need the correct make and model to save you time and effort, as downloading 8GB is very time consuming, espesially when you have downloaded the wrong DVD :crybaby:

any of these look familiar? Click on get map and then choose your vehicle, then select the sat nav which looks like yours.

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

Mate I've found it and imputed the disc number.. The one on offer is version ten at 157 euros or £141 somehow 39 quid has a better ring to it !!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links