Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cabling Of The Audio Source

Gryzor

Hello guys!

Yesterday I bought and installed an LG LDF-900UR for the single reason that it can read mp3s off DVDs instead of CDs, something I've been looking for for a long time. It replaced a Sony CDX-GT700D which I immediately gave away. However, after installing it and testing it I saw that it doesn't remember settings, station memories etc, which means the cabling is wrong. And I remembered that in the case of the CDX I had swapped some cables around to make it work.

Problem is... I don't remember where the swapping was. Was it the red and yellow cables?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Themis

Yes, it's 90% sure to be the yellow and red wires.

There's probably even an provision for doing so in the cabling for the radio itself.

And I'm pretty sure the manual will have a chapter on this too, mostly

referring to VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi ans they all have this "problem" too...

it worked alright!

One slight problem, I'm getting some hissing that I don't think it was there before... The hissing doesn't appear until I turn the radio *and* its volume on. If I turn it on and the volume is at 0 I don't hear anything, but if I turn it up and then down again it's there. Could that be a wiring-related issue or just coincidental?

Thanks!

Is the hissing related to the volume of the RPM of the engine? Does it also sound without the engine running?

Is the hissing related to the volume of the RPM of the engine? Does it also sound without the engine running?

Yes, I think it's still there without the motor running. I'll check, but since the hissing volume is low I don't think I'd notice it with the motor on...

If it's really a hiss even without the engine running my next question would be if it sounds with ALL possible audio sources?

Yes. Aux, Tuner, CD. And I checked - it's there with the engine off, too.

Btw, the same issue happens with some Opels. The manual didn't mention it... My old Sony unit, at least, had plugs already fit onto the red and yellow wires and you could do the switch easily...

So this LG does NOT have provision for switching the powerlines? Kind of stupid of LG,

as you need this in order to get it working in ANY VAG-car sold today...

As for the hiss I'm not sure what might be the problem then. Does the HeadUnit

have everything connected right? Are there RCA-plugs on the back that are in use?

Can you test the radio in another car or on a separate Battery?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links