Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Google Maps & Waze

Trewithy

I am normally happy to use the built-in sat nav but on a recent 45minute run to see friends on a new build housing development I thought I would try Google Maps on the way out and Waze on the return.  I Didn't see much difference between them, they both looked similar and did the job.  On the way back I made a detour to a village café that the wife likes.  Waze tried to get me back on track by directing me down country lanes that I knew to be very narrow with high hedges, a nightmare if you met a vehicle coming the other way, but I suppose to map apps they are just another 60 mph road.

One thing I couldn't work out on either app was how to turn down the volume of the spoken commands. I would be grateful if anyone could advise.

6 hours ago, Trewithy said:

I am normally happy to use the built-in sat nav but on a recent 45minute run to see friends on a new build housing development I thought I would try Google Maps on the way out and Waze on the return.  I Didn't see much difference between them, they both looked similar and did the job.  On the way back I made a detour to a village café that the wife likes.  Waze tried to get me back on track by directing me down country lanes that I knew to be very narrow with high hedges, a nightmare if you met a vehicle coming the other way, but I suppose to map apps they are just another 60 mph road.

One thing I couldn't work out on either app was how to turn down the volume of the spoken commands. I would be grateful if anyone could advise.

Google own Waze so use the same map data. No surprise the act in similar ways. 
“settings / sound” is your friend in the waze app

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links