Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Verso - New Owner

WarChild007

Hi All,

My wife and I have recently taken ownership of my Grandparents 2002 Toyota Corolla Verso 1.8 Auto. Only had the car for less than a week but am happy with it so far, although we still have to sell our existing 2001 Seat Leon 1.6. The Verso is less than a year newer than the Leon but has only covered 35k and has been serviced every year, only covered 300 miles last year, so has been serviced on age not mileage.

Just wondering if there is anything that I should look out for with it?

Looking at the engine bay I guess it must have a chain rather than a belt as there is no big plastic shield? The coolant is about half the ideal level so could do with a top up, the air box seems to be missing a metal clip to hold it together and the panel filter has been fitted upside down. A bit annoying as it was only serviced a few weeks ago.

Did a 90 mile trip at the weekend and avg about 34mpg, I had expected more than that, does that sound about right for a motorway trip?

I'll be going along to our local Toyota garage tomorrow to get a new panel filter and see if they sell the clip for the air box separately.

This is my first Toyota, although we also have a Seat Leon, Ford Fiesta and a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX.

Many Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links