Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silvatec Chrome Indicator Bulbs

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi there

Thought id go for some silvatec (being branded by Ultra & all that) front indicator chrome bulbs...fitted them today which was a mission in itself trying to fit...my god is the space mega tight...anyway after all that suffering...im not too pleased! They seem to flash pretty dull...look more like a red led effect...packaging states they're road legal...im not to sure guys! :!Removed!:

I purchased a set initially off Fleabay...and had the above effect...So purchased a set from Halfrauds and its exactly the same problem! :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this problem? A friend of mine has them fitted to his BMW so i tried one of his bulbs just to compare and they seem to shine/glow perfect. He recons they might need to wear a bit before they start to glow properly. I dont know. what do you guys think??? :help:

Thanks...Sammy

I have the Silvatec front indicator bulbs on my E11. One of the first mods I did - They look great and work just fine! They shine exactly the same as the OEM ones.

Are you sure your indicator lens on the E12 doesn't also have any kind orange filter that might affect the light?

Hi there

Thought id go for some silvatec (being branded by Ultra & all that) front indicator chrome bulbs...fitted them today which was a mission in itself trying to fit...my god is the space mega tight...anyway after all that suffering...im not too pleased! They seem to flash pretty dull...look more like a red led effect...packaging states they're road legal...im not to sure guys! :shutit:

I purchased a set initially off Fleabay...and had the above effect...So purchased a set from Halfrauds and its exactly the same problem! :eek:

Has anyone else experienced this problem? A friend of mine has them fitted to his BMW so i tried one of his bulbs just to compare and they seem to shine/glow perfect. He recons they might need to wear a bit before they start to glow properly. I dont know. what do you guys think??? :help:

Thanks...Sammy

nope they are perfectly legal and should shine just as bright as OEM ones, just without the fried egg effect :) your may find they do get brighter as the silver coat wears off but im scepticle of that.

I use Osram Diadem bulbs in my Auris, and they look good from te outside and perform as well as standard indicator bulbs.

You can just about make out the blue tint in the indicator part of the lamp:

IMAG0188.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links