Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Keeps On Ejecting Cd's

Joanna762

Hi

Has anyone had this problem? I have a 2003 Rav4 - for some reason, the CD player has started to act up: when a CD is inserted, I hear the sound of spinning for a few seconds and then the CD is ejected. An error code of ERR1 flashes up for a split second (if you blinked you wouldn't see it!) and then the display goes back to CD Load. I am using shop bought CD's and they are not dirty. I have tried a cleaning disc. I have disconnected the Battery to see if something would reset. If anyone has any idea how to solve this problem, I would be grateful! Thanks. :)

Hi

Has anyone had this problem? I have a 2003 Rav4 - for some reason, the CD player has started to act up: when a CD is inserted, I hear the sound of spinning for a few seconds and then the CD is ejected. An error code of ERR1 flashes up for a split second (if you blinked you wouldn't see it!) and then the display goes back to CD Load. I am using shop bought CD's and they are not dirty. I have tried a cleaning disc. I have disconnected the battery to see if something would reset. If anyone has any idea how to solve this problem, I would be grateful! Thanks. :)

Hi Joanna and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Maybe it doesn't like your music :unsure:

Have you tried more than one disk, try a cd you know worked before and see if that plays

Hi Joanna

I had this too just after I bought my Rav, same year. Toyota tried a cleaning disc and that didn't work so I'm afraid they had to replace the unit under warranty. Fine if yours is still under warranty, if not they are real expensive :eek:

Thanks all! I tried loads of different cd's...different kinds of music too, just in case it was being fussy! Tried cleaning it. Toyota reckon it will cost around £1,400 to replace!!! :crybaby:

Think I will have to listen to the radio instead...at least that works fine! :thumbsup:

I think an Ipod or an external CD through an input would be a better bet than buying a new unit !!! :thumbsup:

It may be worth having the unit removed and checked by an electronics engineer or such - even the slightest bit of dust or dirt internally can cause such problems.

I had a similar problem a few months back. Took the unit out had a squint inside gave it a spray with Isopropanol and cleaned the laser bulb and away it went. When cleaning you have to be careful not to damage the Laser reading heads. A few cotton buds with either a few drops of isopropanol will work OK. If mo isoprop., is available contact lense cleaning solution is gentle enough to cause no damage.:)

If I remember correctly didnt SCHM post up the fact that MR T can do repairs and posted up a price list???

found it, down the bottom of this page SCHM link

It may only be the satnav units though.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Has anyone had this problem? I have a 2003 Rav4 - for some reason, the CD player has started to act up: when a CD is inserted, I hear the sound of spinning for a few seconds and then the CD is ejected. An error code of ERR1 flashes up for a split second (if you blinked you wouldn't see it!) and then the display goes back to CD Load. I am using shop bought CD's and they are not dirty. I have tried a cleaning disc. I have disconnected the battery to see if something would reset. If anyone has any idea how to solve this problem, I would be grateful! Thanks. :)

Hi Joanna and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Maybe it doesn't like your music :unsure:

Hi Joanna, I am new to the club having just bought my daughter a 2004 Yaris. We have exactly the same problem and have tried different discs and head cleaners with no success. Did you manage to get it sorted?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links