Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instrument Panel Lights Rev & Speedo

YarisOAP

Is there anyway of turning up the brightness of the Instrument panel , when i put the outside lights on the panel goes dim, when the lights are off the panel is lite ?

Toyota Model: Yaris T Spirit 2011

Yeah, the idea is that in daylight the dash needs to be bright so it isn't washed out by the sun, but at night the dash lights would be too bright and cause glare, so when you turn on exterior lighting the panel dims.

On the Mk1 Yaris you could override this behaviour by, I think, either holding down or repeatedly tapping the km/miles toggle button, but I'm not sure if the Mk2 has a similar thing as IIRC only the lowest spec model Mk2 has the lovely digital dashboard :(

Referring to my ex Yaris TR (2010) with the lights and ignition switched on it was just a matter of pushing and holding the right hand button on the display which then alternates bright/dim. The same button Cyker mentions in his post which also changes the miles/trip A/Trip B/ mpg etc.

I preferred the dim setting when it wass dark as the other is too bright for my liking. It's the same intensity as the daylight, lights off.

It is in the handbook somewhere but a sort of , oh, by the way, passing reference!

Cheers guys, I will try it to-morrow, I like bright

• 8 years later...

Similar but not same note - my fan switches/lighting illumination is a bit dim, on just one side/one switch, compared to the others - has anyone encountered this,  any idea why this would be? Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links