Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota D4d Engine Dump Valve?

blb999

hi guys i drive a mini one d (1.4 d4d yaris engine) with a www.tunit.co.uk chip fitted i am thinking of fitting a dump valve to this engine. would just like some advise if any one has fitted one or nows if it will harm the engine.

will be grateful if anyone could help

sorry for being thick but i cant remember if the d4d is turbo??? if it is then yes you can fit a dump valve but it doesnt work in the same way as a petrol turbo DV.

obiously the petrol DV is there to release waste boost pressure but a TD works slightly different and a DV is there purely for the noise.

contact a proper diesel tuner and they should help you

:thumbsup:

thanks

in dicussions with www.thedervdoctor.com over one just checking if their are any probs with fitting one. covering my back before i fit one.

if any one has a d4d engine have a look at the www.tunit.com, i have fitted one and it has improved my mpg from 48.7 to 52-55mpg and has increased the power too, 0-60 has dropped from 13.5 to 12secs and i have not fitted the exhaust yet. any questions on the tunit and their petrol one to please ask and i will answer what i can

post-15-1079873426.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links