Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Twin 5e-fe Engines

El_Galliano

Just wandering has anyone ever tried fitting another 5e-Fe into the paseo's boot and linking the two and changing the axles for a 4WD setup. Sounds like s@%t loads of work, but it would have to be worth it. I'm probably being stupid but i have seen twin-engined nova's, and I tell you what it does the job.

It must be possable, but would you get better results just fitting a smaller more highspec engine??

just a little summin i was wondering, my very limited mechanical sense just told me that it would make it 3litre and therefore, fast. (I got the idea from my pops new smart Roadster, how do other people feel about these roadsters, I took my dad's one out and it was a lot of fun with the sequential gear shift, or whatever its called, and its 6 speed gearbox. But I reckon it could be a lot more fun if it was rear wheel drive.)

Anyway thats all i got to say at the moment

AFAIK no-ones ever tried. Why not be the first?

It will be harder than you ever imagined, and cost twice as much as you thought.

Suggest fitting a more powerful engine under the bonnet.

It would be 3 litres. It would be under 200hp unless you tuned each engine. It would add about 250kgs at least the weight of the car, negating most of the power increase.

Andrew

that twin engined nova is amazing, think u really need to have a hell of a lot of engineering knowledge to be able to do something like that, especially if u are using manual gearboxes like that nova, just think of the work involved in hooking up the gear linkages and im sure thats probably one of the smallest probs ur gonna incur. it'd be great to see it get done but damn itd be hard, to be honest if i was ever gonna do it, id do it on something a bit bigger than the seo say the celica bcos the work involved would be just as much but the result a lot more impressive, unless u rammed 2 4agze engines in or something. Good luck mate if u do it, itll be dead impressive even if u do use 2 5efe engines

I reckon it would be awsome, if it could. I reckon it would have to be to be 2 4agze engines to make it even worth while. But still very out of my depth, at least for a while.

By the way GT4, is that the booster spoiler on your 'seo?, if not what is it?

no its very similar to the booster one but its a bit more rounded, rick has the booster one which is a lot easier to fit. Go for the booster one if u want one, mines a custom one and works out at nearloy the same money as the booster but is a lot more trouble

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links