Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Viewing This Car On Sunday...

kendoskeg

Hi all.

Going to view this MR2 on Sunday as its about two minutes from my house:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-Toyota-MR2-2-0-GT-T-Bar-Auto-/280585442296?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item41543213f8

However, I have absolutely no MR2 experience at all.

Ive had RWD, small sporty cars before that would fit into the same mould, but Im after some advice of what to look for.

Im hoping to take it for a quick drive, and Ill give it a really good looking over.

So can anybody give me some pointers for specific things I need to look/listen out for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all.

Going to view this MR2 on Sunday as its about two minutes from my house:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-Toyota-MR2-2-0-GT-T-Bar-Auto-/280585442296?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item41543213f8

However, I have absolutely no MR2 experience at all.

Ive had RWD, small sporty cars before that would fit into the same mould, but Im after some advice of what to look for.

Im hoping to take it for a quick drive, and Ill give it a really good looking over.

So can anybody give me some pointers for specific things I need to look/listen out for?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

MR2's are great fun to drive, I recommend that you ensure the gearbox is in good working order as these have been known to develop problems, also considering it's a T-Bar you don't want one with a leaky roof so it might be an idea to spray over the roof with a hose just to check for any leaks.

The mileage seems ok and also take a look through any service history to see how it has been looked after and make sure that the cambelt gets changed when a new one is required as once this goes on any car it's usually going to be the end of it.

Good luck!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links