Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Anyone Use Super Unleaded Or Vpower Unleaded?

ujamil

does anyone use 99ron or 97ron fuel in a 1.6 auris? or has any1 used it b4? can you feel any difference in the drive and MPG?

I started using 98 after 95 E10 came to the market in Finland. 98 is still E5, so I'm using it. E... means how much ethanol there's in the petrol and there's been lot of conversation about this issue. Some doubt that more ethanol is bad for the engine and some state that it's better for the environment and costs a bit less even though it affects MPG in a negative way and blah blah blah... This is why I'm using 98, the price is same if you think that car uses more of 95 because it's E10 and it's only 5 cents cheaper compared to 98. Plus 98 affects MPG in a positive way, even compared to the old 95 E5.

So why not to use "better" which I can be more secure about, if I get it for the same price. Not using it to get more power, and I believe the gains are minimalistic if we're talking about 1.6 engine which isn't turbo'd...

I have used Vpower unleaded MPG remained the same but the engine feels alot more responsive. Not worth the extra cost in reality but it does good for the engine as its believed to clean the injectors helping restore peformance and economy in return. For the cars ECU to learn your filling up with a different fuel compared to normal can take a few hundred miles before you actualy feel the difference which means you need a few fill ups of the expensive fuel.

If your doin it for economy service your car regular oil and filters is a better investment if you intend to own the car for a while.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links