Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Removal

antecedo

Yeah - my SR has both those features too, so not sure what else is different then.

• 1 month later...

Hi - I was doing some research and I found this-

http://www.sinspeed....80-dpf-removal/

looks like they did crack the denso! (at least to make it forget about regens etc)

If i get decent MPG with mine I think I will forget about the DPF - if it goes wrong its coming out! That being said I may get it removed if I get poor MPG - then that's one less thing to go wrong :D

thanks for your reply - from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

Grant.

Thats an interesting link to the site. But I wonder how much it costs to get it removed? I think I'd rather wait till the DPF gave up the ghost and have it done then! How did they get round the Denso Ecu? Thats something I'd like to see data on :thumbsup:

Maybe ask them? If they are reasonable they should give a brief explaination surely?

I wudnt bother m8 Sinspeed are sh** I got dpf removed by thm an my car is knakerd they can't get in to t180 ecu's no 1 can but sinspeed are proper cowboys few people have had a bad experiance with them let me know if you need more information am trying to by pass it.

you cant drill the dpf out!!!unless you get a flexable drill bit it has a 90 deg bend on the turbo end and a 45 deg fixing exhaust end.....the labour time to remove the dpf is around 9 hours

incase youve not seen one heres two that have been removed in the last few weeks

376524_2076107042610_1843016754_1382298_319444976_n.jpg

have u still got blocked dpf?

Hi - I was doing some research and I found this-

http://www.sinspeed....80-dpf-removal/

looks like they did crack the denso! (at least to make it forget about regens etc)

If i get decent MPG with mine I think I will forget about the DPF - if it goes wrong its coming out! That being said I may get it removed if I get poor MPG - then that's one less thing to go wrong :D

thanks for your reply - from what I've heard there's not much difference between V power derv and shell fuelsave derv? Any comments on this?

Grant.

Thats an interesting link to the site. But I wonder how much it costs to get it removed? I think I'd rather wait till the DPF gave up the ghost and have it done then! How did they get round the Denso Ecu? Thats something I'd like to see data on :thumbsup:

Maybe ask them? If they are reasonable they should give a brief explaination surely?

I wudnt bother m8 Sinspeed are sh** I got dpf removed by thm an my car is knakerd they can't get in to t180 ecu's no 1 can but sinspeed are proper cowboys few people have had a bad experiance with them let me know if you need more information am trying to by pass it.

Sorry to hear your car was mucked up by them, I had my suspicions that they were full of **IT, but sadly you have now proven it.

I hope nobody else is caught out by their website and decides to hand over large amounts of cash for more problems.

Good luck getting it sorted out.

as i said you cant remove and as ive also said toyota ecus cant be altered in anyway....

your wright but I av fitted normal 2.2's front cat plus drilled temperature sensors in there next mission getting pressure sensors attached once i av done it I'll update

I do feel the DPF certainly gets a lot of stick on this engine set up

The blame has to sit with Toyota for using this engine configuration as a production test bed for anticipating forth coming regulations.

At the time the Nitrogen Oxide emissions were quite relaxed, as we went through Euro 4 to 5 and now 6 (3 cycles after the T180 was produced) Euro 6 was always the benchmark for the T180 engine. Euro 6 stipulates to my best knowledge that NOX gas should emit no more than 80mg/km of Nitrogen Oxide.

I don't believe we are expected to see this enforcement until 2015 but typical toyota built a production model way in excess of this date for testing.

The T180 engine configuration emits just 0.08 g/km for NOX gas, thats roughly 87 mg/km pretty much bang on the Euro 6 emissions reg, 8 years in advance of the Euro6 regs and at the time 62% less NOX gas than a typical frugal VAG or Ford diesel at the time, like for like.

Here is the problem, NOX gas is the result of combustion, to reduce this gas you typically associated with smelly diesel cars you need to re-introduce this back into the cylinders in varying quantities to burn it in the oxygen / fuel mix. You re-introduce using the ECU and EGR valve. These varying quantities of re-introduced NOX determine the emissions output and the NOX gas simply substitutes the amount of air.

NOX gas burns cooler than a air / fuel mix and therefore leaves a higher quantities of un-burn fuel or black diesel soot as you know it. The more aggressive and frequent the EGR process of NOX gas the more soot that is created.

Immediately you are at a disadvantage than the other cars or the same age and type. The higher quantities of soot created by the EGR valve overwhelms the donkey task the DPF has. To compensate for this they fitted a 5th injector to periodically burn off this extra soot, of course using diesel fuel to do so. If they didn't fit this 5th injector your DPF would fail in super quick time. This 5th injector, Bosch ECU and EGR programming is the reason why trying to delete the DPF is going take a lot of effort if it can even be achieved outside of the factory and engine configuration.

Black soot is much bigger than the fine ash created after a DPF purge. So if you do short journeys where the coolant temperature doesn't reach about 76 - 78 and your DPF isn't getting sufficient passive temperatures or time to complete a purge your DPF is going to fill with this black soot and clog much sooner.

In comparison, cars with EGR cycles that are a lot less aggressive at reducing NOX allow their DPF's to run for up to 140k miles if you are a higher mileage driver.

Unfortunately there isn't any magical answers and unless manufactures improve filtering processes in a few years time it will be very common for these problems to occur. I think toyota saw the writing on the wall with regards to diesel, it's a dirty technology which is being highly regulated so they dumped diesel and switched to petrol/hybrids. Aftermarket DPF deletes, even if you can re-program the ECU won't be an option as i believe cars after a certain date are required to meet emissions requirements for particulate and NOX, that needs clarifying but i don't believe it applies to older cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links