Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Diesel Problem.

woodsky3

I recently changed the maf on my 2001 rav 4 diesel, as it kept stuttering on rev build up, then if it was under load in, say, 3rd gear, it would then go into safe mode (carb light comes on dash) and I would have to pull over, switch off, start up again and it owuld be fine, running perfectly. Since changing the maf, it has started to do it againn, however, if I rev it hard 1 or 2 times, it seems to clear its throat and it runs perfectly, for miles and m,iles until the next day then it starts all over again. Could it be the particle filter or is there a bit of fault software that needs to be cleared using a laptop by a technition. It is not smoking much and runs spot on otherwise. 104'000 miles 2001

any help greatly appreciated. feel free to email me at woodsky3@hotmail.com

Welcome to the club.

Have a look at the pinned section (maintenance) and read the thread on SCVs. See if it rings a bell :thumbsup:

thanks,, I had the scvs changed avout 2 years ago at a diesel specialsis as it was going in to safe and a P code was coming up. These are similar symptoms, and it has done it for the last 12-18 months, though no code comes up on dash. seems to clear the stutter if i rev the knackers off it a couple of times, it then drives exactly as it should, all day long.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links