Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

15" Alloy Tyres

apaykapuy

hello everyone.

attached is a photo of alloys that i want to fit to my gls yaris.

this is my spare set and i am planning to fit winter/all weather tyres.

i know for sure that 185-55-15 will be fine to use but at the moment i cant decide if it will be fine to use 195-50-15.

is there anyone who can give me an advice please?

is there anyone tried 195-50-15 tyres to these alloys and fitted to their yaris without having trouble?

hoping for your comments and advice.

thank you in advance...

post-102594-0-76940400-1311233552_thumb.

yes i have fitted them on a yaris TSport, and most people do fit the 195/50/R15 to these alloys, as they are lots cheaper than the standards size.

don't forget that narrower tyres are better in the winter, so I'd perhaps go for 185/60-15, which is the standard Yaris tyre size rather than 195s....

That size isn't standard for those wheels. The standard size is 185/55/R15 as stated in the OP.

There's just a 3% difference between 185/60 and 185/55 according to tyrecalc - which is just 2mph on the speedo when reading 70mph - and the 185/60s are standard size on all the Mk2 Yarii with the same sized wheels.....

Given that all our Yaris speedos have always over-read by at least 5mph at 70, taking 2mph out of the gap wouldn't be an issue in my book - and again - if you're getting these wheels for winter tyres, the narrower the better....

To answer the original thread - 195/50s will fit the Yaris just fine too - our SRs have 195/50-16 as standard fit - but do some research and everything you read will tell you that winter tyres should be the same size as standard fit or ideally narrower - not fatter because that spreads the weight of the car over a bigger contact area, so there's less pressure per square cm and that's the last thing you want on ice, slush or snow....

Just ask any rally driver who drives on snow - they fit extra narrow tyres for snow and slush driving to cut through the crud and get through to the road surface.

There's no issue fitting 195/50s - I'd do it myself for summer tyres - especially as they're so much cheaper than the special 185/55 fitment. I'm just pointing out that for winter tyres the 185/60s are also an option and also much cheaper (and more widely available) than 185/55 - and that 185s are better than 195s in the for winter tyre use.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links