Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4D Poor Start

shoney

Hi guys, I picked my Tspirit auris up last month and about a week in it started to struggle starting up, so last week I took it back to mrT to sort it, they told me the Battery is not holding charge so they replaced it free of charge, then last Saturday it did it again so I took it back again, this time round they have done the ECU update (still no luck) and now they are replacing the injectors on warranty (thank god cos there £300 each) they have told me the glow plugs are ok as they were changed on the last service.

I understand alot of you have had this problem, is there anything else it could be if none of the above work.

Hi guys, I picked my Tspirit auris up last month and about a week in it started to struggle starting up, so last week I took it back to mrT to sort it, they told me the battery is not holding charge so they replaced it free of charge, then last Saturday it did it again so I took it back again, this time round they have done the ECU update (still no luck) and now they are replacing the injectors on warranty (thank god cos there £300 each) they have told me the glow plugs are ok as they were changed on the last service.

I understand alot of you have had this problem, is there anything else it could be if none of the above work.

Struggle to start possible causes:

Wrong fuel used?

Change fuel filter - water contaminated

Low on fuel? possible air lock in the fuel system purge it by pushing the fuel pump behind the airbox

Air filter replace & clean MAF Sensor

Clutch pedal must be fully pressed in when starting the sensor could be faulty

Battery needs replacing or charging

EGR Valve clogged

Remote/key Battery needs replacing

Sorted it was the injectors, all have been changed now, £1500 Inc lab. Just glad the warranty covered it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links