Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Gearboxes - 1Uz-Fe

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi all,

I have been looking into nabbing a 1UZ-FE V8 from a Hilux or Soarer etc but I need a Gearbox to fit to it. I am told that manuals are quite rare and a common conversion I have seen is to a Supra R154 but that is very pricey.

I saw a Hilux today with a Manual and it was fitted as standard so I was wondering what they came with?

Any advice is appreciated as I am desperate to know what to look for, if you can give me a model of Hilux with the VVTI engine that had a manual Gearbox to look out for that'd be brilliant!

Thank you,

KP

i have seen a lexus box mated to a hilux transfer casr on the forum i am on the most, but not the whole box

Great, can you link me via a PM please mate, that way we wont get told off at all! :D

KP

The Hilux never came from the factory with a 1UZ. It is an increasingly popular swap though. most use the 'box the 1UZ came with with the transfer box stuck on the end..

If you want manual the best bet is the R154, they are not that pricey.

AFAIK the Tundra came with a 2uz stateside, kinda like a 1UZ but bigger and made of pig iron. I'm not sure if there was a manual option or not.... but it'll cost more than a R154 as it was never sold here!

Didn't manual Hiluxes run an R150? - which was basicly a R154 with different ratios from what I read... I don't think toyota ever realeased anything with a 1UZ and manual, which is why when people use them they use the custom bell housing from castlemain hotrods, and later Thor.

I did however very nearly buy a cheap LS400 on eBay last week for exactly this lol.. :yahoo:

Thanks for the advice mate! The R154 box is cheap enough but it's the conversion kits that are so pricey. I just need to see what I can get, if the R150 will do it then I'll see what I can find.

Thank you very much guys!

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links