Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Street Satnav

oakridge

I have mentioned that I do not see too well, but a friend of ours is totally blind; she can sometimes tell if the sun is particularly bright. Drew, her guide dog is very clever, and knows many regularly visited places and can lead Pauline to them. When we went to our school re-union last week Pauline had been listening to the SatNav and commented how useful it would be to have a device that could guide her to places that Drew does not know about. Another friend suggested that an iPhone or Android might be the answer, but they did not know about voice activation and how universal the coverage is.

A bit off the beaten track (so to speak), but does anyone know if this is possible, please? It would help her enormousely.

Thank you.

Malcolm

Tom-tom's apparently don't have to be actually in a car I believe, but yes, any 'smart' phone can have GPS/satnav installed as an app - some even have the facility as standard...

Why not, as the weather appears nice today, take your friend to a town centre near you and trawl round the mobile phone shops for the best deal you can get... I'm sure you will find something to suit :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links