Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Park Scrapes

Steve

Don’t you hate it when you go shopping and you park your car in a safe place (in the corner of the store car park, so far you almost have to catch a bus to the store) and then you come back and your car has been scratched?? Or on your return you find a half empty car park and someone in an old beat up car parked next to you? You think to yourself, why park there and not in the other thousand spaces availale? GRR LOL

Yes.

If people respected other peopl's property.... no one would feel the need to double space.

when I got my first soarer back in 2000 (when a soarer really was something a bit different and smart) I got three seperate door dings in three weeks from "parking normally" in tescos.

Since then I double space right at the back of the car park.

It's not selfish as the car park is never full :yawn:

I actually can't relax if I know my car is parked in a busy car park.

Not so fussed about the truck... they'll get more damage if they hit it :thumbsup:

I remember day 7 of owning my very first supra, I left it in the car park near uni, and some :ffs: must have reversed up to it in a 4x4 or van and hit the nose... because of the wedge shape of awesomeness on a mkiii supra they then slid the the nose scratching the nose cone and bonnet :( - obviously they drove off with no note.

Similar thing happened three supras later when a ford explorer parked into the front wing (obviously it was not visible under their bonnet line) leaving a dent and a load of my paint on their bumper, but still parked next to me... no witnesses no claim, the Police ddidn't care either.

Come to think about it I saw someone fling a door hard open onto my black TT supra too... I started legging it towards them and they sped off... I got the reg, reported it to the Police, they once again said not interested, provate car park.

The moral is?

-next time take the law into your own hands.

Don't blame you for double parking charlie.. i double park if i know i won't get a fine, like in tesco's etc. but in paid car aprks its a bit different.

I always try and find an end bay, cuts the risk down :)

<p>Don’t you hate it when you go shopping and you park your car in a safe place (in the corner of the store car park, so far you almost have to catch a bus to the store) and then you come back and your car has been scratched?? Or on your return you find a half empty car park and someone in an old beat up car parked next to you? You think to yourself, why park there and not in the other thousand spaces availale? GRR LOL</p>

O,thank God it's not just me who does this then.My missus goes mad when I park far away from the store but not as mad as me if some :censor: bangs there car into mine :ffs:

The thing is I'd happily pay twice to use two spaces for no (less) risk!

Could there be a cure?

One option would be to make the parking bay wider. Ok, less cars accomodated, but is the park full to capacity often?

the other option would be to fence each bay with a chain on either side instead of painted lines.

Both these would cost the Supermarket but might encourage proud owners to park where their cars are relatively safe. More business???

They is what they have done at the multi storey in Basingstoke. every car parking space has a walk way between cars, like the disabled bays in tescos. great idae! I can park and not freak out. the other option oud be to have a "premium" floor. first class parking. You pay lets say half as much again for a space with space around it, so people that care about their cars park there.. - other people that respect a car are less likely to ding doors anyway. But the entire car park capacity is not halvedas it is only a few select spaces.

Plus it would help keep the riff raff out :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links