Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Connection

pysgodfish

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get the iPod connection to work? - I have plugged in an iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPod nano - but it just says to check connection

Im hoping that it is just me - not the system, as I only had the car yesterday, and don't really want to take it back to the dealer.

Thanks

Marty

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get the iPod connection to work? - I have plugged in an iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPod nano - but it just says to check connection

Im hoping that it is just me - not the system, as I only had the car yesterday, and don't really want to take it back to the dealer.

Thanks

Marty

Hi Marty

When you say you have "plugged it in" do you mean into the usb socket? For you to use the true iPod connection you require a dedicated iPod socket that sits in the area next to the gear stick with a dust flap on it stating its a iPod socket. You then have a dedicated lead from it to plug in the bottom of your iPod/touch/iphone. If its not present on your iQ , the lead from the satnav un internally to the gear stick consul costs around £35 and the extortionally priced lead from the socket to your iPod is around £70. For MR T to fit it it states half hour labour but they won't do it for less than ihr labour because they say taking the front consul off can be a struggle with risk of damage..The usb socket is mainly for memory sticks with mp3's on . It won't power the iPod/iphone .. Hope this helps

David

Hi

Thanks

Marty

Sorry Marty me again

I was assuming that you didn't have a true iPod connector. I f you ordered it with one and you have it but having trouble operating it thats different. I had been using my iPhone on bluetooth for music and it works very well but with limited control maybe you do the same..When I had the iPod socket fitted there seems to be a bit of a hierarchy going on certain inputs getting preference. Sometimes when i get in the car if i didn't need to charge the phone because of say a short journey, I don't use the lead then it picks my iPhone up on bluetooth. If then I plug the lead in to charge it maybe because i have noticed it could do with a charge, It will charge but if i then select "iPod" in the menu on the satnav, it does't select it but instead says its not connected. I then have to unplug the phone and reconnect it and after 3 seconds or so comes good. As soon as the lead is disconnected it reverts back to either fm or bluetooth.Even selecting "iPod" before connecting doesn't always work still have to unplug and re-connect it..Hope that helps

David

Thanks for the advice

However I am taking the car into the dealer later today, for a check, as it won't charge either.

I'll let you know what the out come is.

Marty

Hi

Thanks

Marty

Sorry Marty me again

I was assuming that you didn't have a true iPod connector. I f you ordered it with one and you have it but having trouble operating it thats different. I had been using my iPhone on bluetooth for music and it works very well but with limited control maybe you do the same..When I had the iPod socket fitted there seems to be a bit of a hierarchy going on certain inputs getting preference. Sometimes when i get in the car if i didn't need to charge the phone because of say a short journey, I don't use the lead then it picks my iPhone up on bluetooth. If then I plug the lead in to charge it maybe because i have noticed it could do with a charge, It will charge but if i then select "iPod" in the menu on the satnav, it does't select it but instead says its not connected. I then have to unplug the phone and reconnect it and after 3 seconds or so comes good. As soon as the lead is disconnected it reverts back to either fm or bluetooth.Even selecting "iPod" before connecting doesn't always work still have to unplug and re-connect it..Hope that helps

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links