Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Getting Alarm Fitted Soon

aygoblue123

Getting a Clifford Concept 650 MKII fitted professionally next week. shall let you know how long it takes and how it interlinks with the aygo, and if there are any problems. should be interesting :)

do the aygos not come with an alarm already? Although ive only had it a day theres a sticker saying toyota protection. I thought this meant/included the alarm and immobiliser??.... i told the insurance company they did, lol :blink:

My 59 aygo blue has a thatchem cat 2 immobiliser but no alarm. If you bought from new it is an option to have an alarm. You can see if it does by trying to set it off ;)

mines an 08 platinum, who knows then :g: !! I will have to go and rock the motor and see :Jumpy: let me know how you get on.... i may have to buy one to! ;)

how it interlinks with the aygo, and if there are any problems. should be interesting

I'm not expecting any problems. They will need to fit doorswitches on all of the other doors besides the driversdoor I'd guess.

Interfacing with the original central locking is simple; I've even instructed people how to wire that up by email :P

Oh brilliant :P Mines just a 3 door so just one door then. I advised the fitter about there being no switch at the boot and they said that isnt a problem so we shall see. Seeing as it is a full alarm with the extra imobilizers and dual proximity it will be interesting to see how long it takes. :)

i think your right, the original buyers obviously didnt think an alarm was necessary. I did what you said but also sat in it, locked the doors and did a jiggy.... My findings were as expected, absolutely nothing happened :crybaby: Time to look for an alarm me thinks!

Hahaa! locked the doors and did a jiggy....love it.

How annoying, most people don't bother with our cars for some reason. I think its essential in my opinion. Especially if modding the car is something you may do.

Your car has a factory fitted immobilizer I am sure. But this isn't included on the basic models but as yours is a platinum i think that means you do :)

two Toyota dealerships i have called quoted me £450 for the alarm. It is simply an alarm, no snazzy dual zone proximity sensors, shock sensors etc.

Which is why i am going for the Clifford for £400 with all that :).

ALL Aygo's have an immobiliser. That's the chip-transponder inside the key.

So even if you have a key (cut) that fits, if the transponder isn't the correct one you can't START the car.

But you CAN get in. The latter is kind of a moot point iMHO, as with use of a brick you can get into allmost every car...

Got the Clifford Concept 650 MKII fitted today!

took 3 and a half hours to do.

Works brilliantly, the warn away system works well really shouts at you. The alarm shock sensor also works well.

All in all a great alarm, no problems yet ;)

I Highly recommend Dragon Car audio and security who fitted it. Top guy and just got on with it professionally.

Sorry to put a downer on things but......

I agree with Jan......The Aygo is almost impossible to hotwire & drive away.

The only reason to break into an Aygo is to nick stuff on display.

Brick through the window and a sprint down the road.

If your alarm goes off in the middle of the night, can you leap out of bed, get downstairs

and tackle the thief before he / she makes off?

Best security, Don't leave anything in the car that can be sold on easily.

Ian.

I agree defiantly the best security is to leave the car empty.

However sometimes cars are targeted by low lifes that don't justify their TWOC as getting a financial gain, but more a 'buzz' from nicking cars and impressing their mates.... some people will nick anything with wheels just for the sake of doing so.

They may find it near impossible to take without an aftermarket alarm, but if said alarm calls attention to them trying... that can only be a good thing!

Plus, I believe cliffords come with a very bright led warning light... another great deterrent in the first place!

between £400 and £450 to fit an alarm.. OUCH!!!! :eek: I personally dont have that sort of cash :crybaby: I think im going to have to take my chances for the time being and hope for the best. I try not to leave anything on show and i dont plan on doing any over the top mods to the car (just Speakers and maybe bulb changes) so hopefully it wont stick out for to much for attention. I may have to stick the alarm on my christmas list!

we leave ours empty and have an old school crook lock. i reckon the longer you make it take to pinch it, the less likely they will try.

i had a very bad experience with a clifford but it was due to the fitter, i had the autostart fitted, came back off holiday and the car had apparently switched itself on and run for hours before it ran out of petrol (wasn't the aygo!). i'm never messing with a car's electronics again!

That is shocking! I hope you got compensation for their incompetence?!

Anything so intrinsic and integrated as a sophisticated alarm is best left to the people who do it for a living! (apart from the one who did yours!)

sadly he was meant to be doing it for a living and was an official dealer. i argued over it for two years with clifford, got nowhere and in the end had to pay someone else to do it as the car was undriveable. the best bit was he took out the climate control sensor to fit the light for the alarm as well. it does seem to be unusal so i don't want to freak out the OP, but for me, any electrical changes to a car are simply a no-no if it involves anything more than splicing in a wire!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links