Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo To Castle Combe

jjj_aygo

Hello again,

Just an update as I have recently been on a track day with my Aygo as a 21st birthday present from my lovely girlfriend!

I had an awesome day, some might (and probably were) laugh at an Aygo coming to the track, but I had the best time so I don't care that it was hopelessly underpowered on the straights!

It was actually well received, there was free instruction from the professionals throughout the day and the once they squeezed themselves into my bucket seats he commented on how well it handled and liked the 'pop in the exhaust!'.

Most in my class I couldn't compete with at all, but in the chicanes and twisties I was all over the back of a friend in a clio sport 182, and was actually regularly held up by an Alfa and some kit car who couldn't match my corner speed!

In all, I learnt an amazing amount about my Aygo on the limit and a lot about track driving... a fantastic day I would whole heartedly recommend to you guys.

I hope you enjoy my pictures and videos below... let me know what you think!

Link to in-car video:

Link to spectator views:

IMG_08d27.jpg

looks like you had good fun. i take it you've had it lowered and stiffened the suspension for the better cornering cause the standard suspension is noooo good in corners! What did you go for and whats the general day to day ride like on these :censor: british roads?

It was an awesome day I learnt so much!

Yes you are right the standard suspension set-up gives a chassis frequency of 1hz which is comparable to that of 4*4's!

Fine for round town but on track and fast road it is woeful!

I started off with uprated Bilstein dampers and lowering springs available here: BMS performance suspension kit

these offered a good improvement over the standard set up.

Then the same company (Balance Motorsport) came up with a set of coilovers from AVO which is a great British company I know a lot of their GTZ kits are used in British motorsport. Balance motorsport also put on a 22mm rear anti-roll bar which completes the transformation. Available here: AVO GTZ Coilover kit

The best thing about the kit is its adjustable damping, so for :censor: British pothole ridden roads, just click the dampers up a few notches and it becomes more comfortable. Although I'm not going to pretend that the ride is lexus-esque, it absolutely transforms the handling. I had the dampers a few clicks stiffer at +7 on track which enabled slight lift-off oversteer proving just how well balanced it is!

Apologies for long reply: its just the best mod I've done so far and I can't be more happy with it! :yahoo::thumbsup:

LOL, no need to apologise dude, that was very imformative. :thumbsup: I just need to find the best part of a grand to get the work done now :jawdrop: , lol.... that may be a long term project! first things first for me is sorting out those awful factory fit Speakers. Im going to change to 4" ones on the dash and the door ones (which if im right are 17cm??)

thanks again for the info and :kewlpics:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links