Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have you ever driven a dangerous road?

Steve

Has anyone ever driven a very dangerous road? Mountain range, rickety bridge etc? What is the most scariest place you have driven?

London unsure.gif

I'll go along with that, but I learnt to drive in London and spent the first 15 years of my driving life there. I will agree though that if you're not used to it then driving in London can be pretty scary!

I don't think we have any inherantly dangerous roads in the UK, only dangerous drivers!

There is one in Bolivia that is pretty scary though I understand :yahoo:

Agree with Tone, there are no bad roads, just bad driving. I used to live on a real sharp bend on the busy A41 when it was a major trunk road from Liverpool to London (before the M56 / M6 as it is today) We had accidents every week, even the Police called it a bad road, it was a 40 MPH area and when I said that to a copper he had to agree, and say errr yeah, maybe they come around the bend too quick! :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

The road from MPA to Stanley in the Falkland islands is pretty dangerous. 90% of it is gravel with some serious pot holes, and 6ft storm ditches either side of the road. Add the gale force winds,deep snow and mine fields and you can see why the speed limit is 40mph on the islands. I know several people who have crashed on that road and been lucky to survive, but I have managed to drive it several times with only a couple of 'close' calls.

I've also driven on roads in Iraq which were deemed to be pretty dangerous, but only because of the hostility, and not the actual road conditions.

As for scary roads in the UK, I can only echo what has been said. None of the roads are bad, but some drivers can make a perfectly safe country road a dangerous place to be.

London unsure.gif

+1 :yes:

But personally, I'm struggling to think of a road I *don't* consider dangerous! :lol:

London unsure.gif

+1 :yes:

But personally, I'm struggling to think of a road I *don't* consider dangerous! :lol:

I never driven there,but been driven around Paris by my daughter.lane swopping without indicating is the norm.the many scooters just weave in and out of the traffic as they please.as most cars including police ones have lots of dents says it all.

as a lot of Paris roads are cobbled,they are lethal in the wet.

You take your life in your hand on pedestrian crossing.nobody seems to stop,but there, once in ireland while waiting to cross the road a police car just ignored the wife and i,did not seem to be on a emercency call etc, just sailed by and ignored us.also once when driving there,i slowed for a dog in the road,you should have heared the horns blasting at me for slowing down,i did not stop for the dog,just eased up to give it time to cross.

Funny world.

The Nurburgring is a public road..... driven that loads of times. Seen a lot of deaths there.....

I was going to say that :D

No,I don't experienced that before,But here in our place most people says that there's a place that spirits exist mostly bad spirits,But I don't believe in that thing because I have not yet experienced it.

No,I don't experienced that before,But here in our place most people says that there's a place that spirits exist mostly bad spirits,But I don't believe in that thing because I have not yet experienced it.

:blink::wacko:

I'd like a pint of what ever he is on.... :lol:

The road from MPA to Stanley in the Falkland islands is pretty dangerous.....

I don't think my GPS covers that area ;)

He probably got inspired after reading your threads :lol: :lol2:

He probably got inspired after reading your threads :lol: :lol2:

I can relate to that... B)

The A1 between Morpeth and Berwick. No more than a country lane at times.

There's a road to Downhill beach in the Coleraine area which is very narrow, although I haven't had any scary moments on it. Someone thinks is dangerous as they put signs on it to warn drivers of the risk of falling rocks.

I've attached a couple of photos of the rocky area, they're not great as it was a miserable day. There is some sort of mesh attached to the rocks to protect the houses below and some have reinforced roofs. I don't consider it to be 'dangerous' as such, (unless a rock falls on me some time when I drive on that road).

post-110718-0-17479900-1314521279_thumb.

post-110718-0-20106200-1314521677_thumb.

post-110718-0-96084700-1314521740_thumb.

post-110718-0-99533400-1314521815_thumb.

The Acle straight in norfolk that is part of the A47 that runs from Acle to Yarmouth.

Ita about 13 miles long,although classed as A road,its more like a 2 lane B road.There are many fatal accidents on this road,not just collisions but people whose car have gone in the ditches and drowned.only last week there was 5 people taken to hospital including a 18 month old baby that was injured. there are calls for it to be duelled but nothing has been decided.

Many years ago one of my sons had gone to Yarmouth for the evening with friends in a car,they met up with a couple of girls they knew who had missed the last train back to Norwich as there was not enough room to get them both in the car my son said he would take a lift back home on the back of scooterist they also met in Yarouth.

this scooter rider was a stupid idiot who like to show off,he was weaving in and out of the traffic on the way along the Acle straight until he hit a car coming the opposite way.

the accident damaged my sons leg and had to be amputated.the scootter rider got away with a few cuts and bruisees.

After sometime time my son was fitted with a artificial leg and he was able to return to work with British Rail as a technical apprentice.

He decided to buy himself a scooter with part of the money he recieved as compensation for his injuries in the accident.the scooter was deliverd to his home modified so he could ride it safely. before he even tried riding the scooter he asked another friend if he would take him for a ride around Norwich on the back of his scooter to see if his nerves were back to normal.

They had been touring Norwich for about a half hour,when they drove along a road where cars are allowd to park in front of the shops on the pavement.

This car driver came out of a side road opposite these shops and seeing someone reversing off the pavement parking area and not wanting to lose place to another car stopped his car right fronr of the sccooter my son was on,the scooter had no chance of stopping in time and when it collided with the car my son was catapaulted into a lamp post,this crushed his lungs and although the hospital was only a matter of a few hundred yards away they were unable to save him.

The drivers was charged for driving without due care and attention.he claimed a tree on the corner of the road abscured his view.as he worked in one of the shops he had tried to park in front of he should have made allowences for the tree.

I did a test of driving out of the road he came out of and the tree was easy to see around but as the coroner said it should be removed, it was.

The car driver was fined a pidley £ 50.00. my son was only nineteen at the time.

when the scooter was examined its speedometer drive cable was found broken,though there was no evidence suggesting speeding was involved, the scooter owner was also fined £50.00 at a seperate court.IS THAT JUSTICE>

Now for the ironic bit.

Some years later while shopping in Norwich i met a friend who used to work with me before he retired,i mentioned about losing my son and how where it happened as it was close to his home.he said to me he remembered the accident as the car driver was a drinking friend of his who he met often in their local pub.this man admitted to to my friend he was drunk at the time of the accident and had just came from a pub before the accident.

the police only decided to breathalise him after he got home.he told them when they did arrive he had taken several glasses of spirits to calm his nerves,so they had no way of proving if he was over the limit at the time.

Ive had many thoughts of revenge on this man,but it would not bring my son back.

I often think if my son had not gone to Yarmouth thst day and not decided to help those girls out then the he would have not been on that scooter in Norwich that day and would have still been with us.

Sorry to Waft on but the mention of Acle straight brings it all back.

The Acle straight in norfolk that is part of the A47 that runs from Acle to Yarmouth.

Ita about 13 miles long,although classed as A road,its more like a 2 lane B road.There are many fatal accidents on this road,not just collisions but people whose car have gone in the ditches and drowned.only last week there was 5 people taken to hospital including a 18 month old baby that was injured. there are calls for it to be duelled but nothing has been decided.

Many years ago one of my sons had gone to Yarmouth for the evening with friends in a car,they met up with a couple of girls they knew who had missed the last train back to Norwich as there was not enough room to get them both in the car my son said he would take a lift back home on the back of scooterist they also met in Yarouth.

this scooter rider was a stupid idiot who like to show off,he was weaving in and out of the traffic on the way along the Acle straight until he hit a car coming the opposite way.

the accident damaged my sons leg and had to be amputated.the scootter rider got away with a few cuts and bruisees.

After sometime time my son was fitted with a artificial leg and he was able to return to work with British Rail as a technical apprentice.

He decided to buy himself a scooter with part of the money he recieved as compensation for his injuries in the accident.the scooter was deliverd to his home modified so he could ride it safely. before he even tried riding the scooter he asked another friend if he would take him for a ride around Norwich on the back of his scooter to see if his nerves were back to normal.

They had been touring Norwich for about a half hour,when they drove along a road where cars are allowd to park in front of the shops on the pavement.

This car driver came out of a side road opposite these shops and seeing someone reversing off the pavement parking area and not wanting to lose place to another car stopped his car right fronr of the sccooter my son was on,the scooter had no chance of stopping in time and when it collided with the car my son was catapaulted into a lamp post,this crushed his lungs and although the hospital was only a matter of a few hundred yards away they were unable to save him.

The drivers was charged for driving without due care and attention.he claimed a tree on the corner of the road abscured his view.as he worked in one of the shops he had tried to park in front of he should have made allowences for the tree.

I did a test of driving out of the road he came out of and the tree was easy to see around but as the coroner said it should be removed, it was.

The car driver was fined a pidley £ 50.00. my son was only nineteen at the time.

when the scooter was examined its speedometer drive cable was found broken,though there was no evidence suggesting speeding was involved, the scooter owner was also fined £50.00 at a seperate court.IS THAT JUSTICE>

Now for the ironic bit.

Some years later while shopping in Norwich i met a friend who used to work with me before he retired,i mentioned about losing my son and how where it happened as it was close to his home.he said to me he remembered the accident as the car driver was a drinking friend of his who he met often in their local pub.this man admitted to to my friend he was drunk at the time of the accident and had just came from a pub before the accident.

the police only decided to breathalise him after he got home.he told them when they did arrive he had taken several glasses of spirits to calm his nerves,so they had no way of proving if he was over the limit at the time.

Ive had many thoughts of revenge on this man,but it would not bring my son back.

I often think if my son had not gone to Yarmouth thst day and not decided to help those girls out then the he would have not been on that scooter in Norwich that day and would have still been with us.

Sorry to Waft on but the mention of Acle straight brings it all back.

Thats a terrible turn of events.how could one be so unlucky.those who caused this seem to have got of very lightly.life can be very cruel.

Ita a thing that must be always at the back of your mind.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links