Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wasps Nest In Loft

balli hi

They'll die off when it gets too cold for them. That'll be pretty soon judging by the weather forecasts :censor:

Hi guys

Just an update on my wasp problem.

I had to take action a few days back, my family were going nuts and putting pressure on me to either pay for the nest to be removed professionally or do something about it myself, so after my daughter came screaming out of her bedroom for the 3rd time :eek: that night after being buzzed by a wasp and not discounting the 2 i had to remove from my sons bedroom, 1 from my bedroom and a further 2 from the bathroom, i was forced to take action, i climbed into the loft armed with my can of wasp nest destroyer and gave the nest a good blast of the foam spray, the instructions state that you have to give the nest at least a 12 second blast, but after about 6 seconds i decided it was time to get out of there pronto and hoped for the best.... well the next morning there was still a lot of activity regards the wasps coming and going from the nest, so it was obvious that the spray had not worked, once again last night i was summoned to my daughters room to remove yet another 2 wasps :ffs:, so this morning i once again entered the loft to have a gander and to see what damage if any i had done with the spray, Hmm not a lot :rolleyes: the nest was intact although there were approx 30 or so dead wasps at its base, so i decided to give it another spraying with the nest destroyer, but this time for the full twelve seconds and longer if possible in order to give it a good soaking, i managed a good 12 second burst before having to beat a hasty retreat :lol: cos the buggers were starting to attack me, i didn't even see them coming FFS before i knew it there were 4 or 5 of em attacking the loft light and around 3 of em having a go at me :eek: , well i was out of that loft quicker than Houdini, upped periscope ( the loft ladder ) and slammed the loft hatch shut :lol: next i went into the garden to observe the nest entrance and could see approx 20 wasps buzzing around the entrance :help:

I am sure that the soaking the nest got today will have killed off a fair few of the inhabitants, but i know the only real way i am going to kill off the nest altogether is to get close to the entrance and try and get as much spray in through the tiny gap as possible, but i'll wait to see if we get many more in the house tonight before getting the ladders out.

As a reminder here is the last photo i took of the nest just after the minor collapse

waspsnest008.jpg

And here is the latest photo i took this morning before giving it another good spray of wasp nest destroyer, at the nests base you can see a fair amount of dead wasps which is the direct result of the spraying it got a couple of nights back.

You will also notice that not only have the wasps repaired the nest, but they have also extended it to the left.

11thoctober2011005.jpg

So you got stung buying the bug spray, I bet they are Chelsea fans.. An unwanted nuisance :yahoo:

So you got stung buying the bug spray, I bet they are Chelsea fans.. An unwanted nuisance :yahoo:

shame i can't spray some on you, cos your the biggest nuisance i know, a right pain in the ar-se :lol: :lol2: :thumbsup:

So you got stung buying the bug spray

Maybe ? and all joking aside Raist :thumbsup: , i think its more a case of getting the stuff in through the entrance of the nest, of which i can't to any degree of accuracy because i can't get close enough, it does state on the can that you should not only coat the Shell of the nest but you should also spray as i have just stated into the entrance.

Spraying the Shell of the nest as i have, has to some extent had an effect on the numbers, especially after it got a good soaking again yesterday, and for the first time in ages we had not a single wasp upstairs in the house last night ( from what i can gather, and i can only guess, they were being drawn to the light on the landing, our loft hatch door is of the plastic type which sags slightly on the sides leaving a very slight gap, so i guess in the evening the wasps could see the light shining up through the hatch and were drawn to it, then crawled down through the slight gap on the sides of the hatch, its the only way i can think that they were getting in because we close our windows of a night, i checked the entrance again this morning and yes there were still a few wasps coming and going, but as long as they stay out of the house i'll probably leave them alone for now and hopefully as the weather turns colder they'll disappear of their own accord , fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Wasp is wrong with a bit of bumbling, hive had a great time when feeling hornet...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links